X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eve Online - Battle of the Titans

Wasn't sure where to post this.

Anyway...

I know most of you here don't play this game but today OMFG what a battle was had. I'll post some external battle reports and a few pictures I took before I died in a fire.

http://themittani.com/news/b-r5rb-bi...battle-all-eve

http://kotaku.com/gigantic-space-bat...nks-1510023302

Looks like up to latest count $116,000 in ships have been lost, and still counting...

Some pictures I took in the middle of it.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Update*

Final battle report. http://evenews24.com/2014/01/29/dev-...e-battle-ever/

Best space game eva!

Comment

My experience with eve, created a ship had a bit of play about and decicded to see if could team up with anyone, i had a group of friends who where going to show me the ropes so i set off to meet them, there about half an hour from my location real time.

First attempt
      killed by a group about 5 minutes into my journey.

Second attempt
      "Oh that's unlucky" start again and am killed by smaller ship 10 minute into my journey.

Third attempt
      start again killed

I never made it to my friends even after many evenings of trying.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 30-01-2014, 09:53.

Comment

That's just funny. But as with all things life. You'd never just run into a road blindly as your friends waved to from across. You'd check to see if any cars were coming, perhaps even look for a different safer path.

That's eve to some extent. Maybe everyone gets run over once, but the second time you evolved and learnt what you did wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          My experience with eve, created a ship had a bit of play about and decicded to see if could team up with anyone, i had a group of friends who where going to show me the ropes so i set off to meet them, there about half an hour from my location real time.

First attempt
          killed by a group about 5 minutes into my journey.

Second attempt
          "Oh that's unlucky" start again and am killed by smaller ship 10 minute into my journey.

Third attempt
          start again killed

I never made it to my friends even after many evenings of trying.
          You were lucky, I couldn't even get the game to download after 5 attempts, multiple corrupt files and a few phone calls and emails to CCP I just gave up, totally unhelpful user support.

Comment

Shame since it's probably the best MMO experience going. Only bad thing is the lack of time to play other games and having a massive back catalogue I'll never get through because of the time sink of this game.

2 years and counting since I started. Don't regret it though. My best and worst game ever rolled into one.

Comment

I want to like this game i just find it so slow and dull

Comment

wish they could make a similar game but not online though i suspect thats what sins of a solar empire may be

Comment

Working...
                X