PTE58: Instinct of a Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTE58: Instinct of a Killer

This year marks the 20th Anniversary of Rare's Killer Instinct series.

Surely we'll see something to tie in with KI Season 2 this year but the series history stretches back across a few formats considering how few entries there are for its age.

What are your memories of the series looking back and for it's time, which entry did you have most fun with?
    ARC - Killer Instinct
    0%
    SNS - Killer Instinct
    0%
    NGB - Killer Instinct
    0%
    ARC - Killer Instinct 2
    0%
    N64 - Killer Instinct Gold
    0%
    XBO - Killer Instinct
    0%

Most of my time was sunk into the Snes version, I remember thinking it was a technical marvel despite not being up to the arcades standards. Got to a point where a 100 hit combo was a regular occurance. That said, I find the new game more fun generally so hats off to the devs

Comment

Only ever played the Xbox One version!

I wasn't allowed a SNES and the N64 ones were all 2D eewww

Comment

KI1 arcade because of the immense fun to be had breaking the game to pieces.

Comment

It's been properly interesting going back to the original on XBO and seeing how rigid it is, tons of nostalgia though

Comment

Never been a particularly good game. Enjoyed the first a fair bit though.

Comment

Same here. Not a big fan of the series. Never understood why it got such revered status.

Comment

Remember getting the SNES version with soundtrack CD from Toys R Us in Portsmouth before a family day trip to the Isle of Wight. Loved it.

Gold, however is my favourite just because my local bowling alley had a KI2 cab and I pumped so much money into it that I was relieved to be able to pay a one off cost and play it at home.

I remember selling my cart only version of Gold which I'd picked up for some reason (already had a boxed version) for ?60 to a guy who was proper desperate to play it!!

Comment

I was going to post this:-

Is this series good enough to warranty the recognition of it? I don't think so.

But I did not want to be first to post a negative post

Comment

i enjoyed the series though as a tournament fighter its rubbish i would compare it with shooters as a example. For me there are two type of shooters the one where you just blow stuff up and thats enough and there are others where they have a scoring hook for me killer instinct is for the people who like that hook and just want to get as high a hit as possible

Comment

That's why I think for its time the new KI works best, easy to muck about with without feeling like a specific command is needed for success.

I remember the KI CD well, that and loads of peeps hoping Orchid showed some of her bubbies

Comment

Style over substance for me. It featured fantastic graphics at the time and a cool soundtrack and watching someone pulling of an ultra combo made it look fun but the gameplay was average.

Comment

Working...
                        X