No announcement yet.

Sony announce PSVR for PS4. Project Morpheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly can't see it taking off. The only game I'm interested in is Ace Combat 7, but I'm not sure I want head tracking. If there is an option to turn it off and just use the headset as a 2016 Glasstron, I'll do that.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

But you'll still buy it Daryl, right? The forum would implode if Sony released new hardware and you didn't.

Comment

Why would you not want head tracking?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          But you'll still buy it Daryl, right? The forum would implode if Sony released new hardware and you didn't.
          You know me too well.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Why would you not want head tracking?
            The last time you were involved in a dogfight with a bunch of MiG-29's, did you want to look anywhere else other than in front of you?

I mean it's probably good, but it'll take a while to get used to after having played with a right stick for the past 20 years. What will the right stick do now? That's my biggest question.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Above you mate...there's always one hiding above you

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                The last time you were involved in a dogfight with a bunch of MiG-29's, did you want to look anywhere else other than in front of you?
                You look at where you think the target is, like on PC flight sims.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  You look at where you think the target is, like on PC flight sims.
                  That's a whole new level of control over how we've played Ace Combat up until now, which was pointing the plane in the direction of the target. Now, you have to control the plane on top of looking at your target. The control pad controls the plane, and the headset controls you. That's virtually real. Oh.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If that is well implemented it could be superb. We get precious few flight games nowadays (another genre like winter sports or 3D platformers which seems to have mostly disappeared from 'AAA' development).

I'm not entirely convinced it will be though, I think the VR compatibility will realistically be tacked on - particularly as it's not a requirement.

Comment

I played 360 Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and Dreamcast DeadlySkies quite close together and the DC really suffered by only having one analogue stick so you can't look around for enemies.

I see where you're coming from, J0e, but I imagine a few sessions on VR Ace Combat, you'd really miss the ability to look around.

Comment

I am buying this on DAY ONE. The thing is INCREDIBLE. The browser screen alone will blow your mind.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Lol turn around of opinion there, really looking forward to this the Samsung vr really impressed me so I'm day one with this too.

Comment

It is way more advanced than I thought. Serious next level stuff. Goodnight Xbox.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What's changed your mind, J0e?
                              Have you:
                              A) Seen a video
                              B) Tried it out yourself
                              C) Decided to wind us up

Comment

I used it this morning.

I can't talk about the game, but I will say this. When it first started, I truly felt as though I was falling to the ground from a very great height indeed.

The virtual DS4 in the PS4 browser screen is amazing too. It moves exactly as the real one in your hand does. You can even read the label on the back.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X