Broforce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broforce!

Has anyone tried the demo/early access of this? I'll give it a go this weekend as it looks right up my street.

Looks like cool action. But I don't get this semi-retro style... I don't remember games being like that, but it's still playable.

Comment

Please tell me that's coming to consoles!?!?!?

Comment

I wonder if the level design will be much cop? These kind of games capture the feel alright but then are usually let down by uninspired stages. I've never really felt compelled enough to 1cc games like this since Metal Slug 3.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I wonder if the level design will be much cop?
          I caved in and bought the early access build on Steam. Level design wise it can't really compared to Metal Slug or Contra etc as you can pretty much destroy everything. It's probably possible to tunnel from the start of a level to the end without killing anyone, although that would kind of miss the point! It actually plays more like a score attack game - rescue as many captive bros and kill as many enemies as you can as quickly as possible and get a fat score at the end. It's also bat**** insane with **** blowing up everywhere! So far I've unlocked Chuck Norris, Blade, Robocop, Neo, Mr T, Rambo, John McLane, Snake Plissken and some guy that throws dynamite I don't recognise. All have their own main weapons and special attacks. There's potential for something very fun here, especially if it's possible to create our own campaigns. New old skool.
          Last edited by H-Man; 14-04-2014, 15:44.

Comment

I played the "beta" demo thing for this the other day, loved every second. Is the early access game similar? Or is it a little more structured? The demo did start to get a little long in the tooth, before I turned it off. You play a tonne of similar levels, helicopter boss, then another truck load of levels, tank boss. I think it could do with less levels in between bosses, and maybe introduce some aesthetic changes just to keep things interesting. Of course it an early demo, of an early access game, so changes will be being made all the time.

Was going to pick up the steam version the other day, I have ?15 worth of GAME credit to spend, but to get steam wallet top ups you have to buy in store. So it'll have to wait until I have time to pop into town.

Oh yeah, I got the dynamite guy as well, I think it's meant to be MacGyver aka Richard Dean Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
              I played the "beta" demo thing for this the other day, loved every second. Is the early access game similar? Or is it a little more structured?
              Not sure. Did you get to a rocket launcher boss? I've just got passed that bit and am in a city now rather than the jungle. I've now got Evil Dead Ash (best special attack so far!), The Terminator, and a few others I forget. Earlier on I accidentally undermined one of those rocket launcher trucks, which then proceeded to fall onto an underground mining vehicle of some kind and a few of those exploding suicide bomber guys. The chain reaction dug a flaming hole through to the bottom of the level that loads of dogs and bad guys went plunging to their doom in
              Last edited by H-Man; 14-04-2014, 18:38.

Comment

That sounds better. I've just got the steam release, can't beat the massive chap who starts throwing grenades that bring in airstrikes. Damn thing destroyed all the level.

Comment

Looks great. Will keep my eye on this.

Comment

Can you buy this on PC/MAC then use the Xbox 360/PS3 pad to play?

Comment

Yes you can, that's exactly what I've been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
                        Yes you can, that's exactly what I've been doing.
                        The world of PC indie gaming has just opened it's doors to me. PS3 pad + rogue legacy, cave story and bro force + HDMI out to my amp = 2d heaven

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                          The world of PC indie gaming has just opened it's doors to me. PS3 pad + rogue legacy, cave story and bro force + HDMI out to my amp = 2d heaven
                          Heh nice one. These days the PC is where it's at for old skool style indie games. There's more than I'll ever have time to play - and available for peanuts every Steam sale or Humble Bundle deal!

Comment

I could not be bothered with trying to get the PS3 pad to work (windows) so I just used my 360 pad. This is such an awesome game, I started playing at 22:30pm and just realised the time.

Some games are 'just one more go'. This game is 'Just one more stage' or 'just one more character unlock'.

The Street Fighter IV fight pad does not seem compatible though.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                              The Street Fighter IV fight pad does not seem compatible though.
                              The way that pad maps its buttons is completely daft. It treats the sixth facing buttons as the LT and RT triggers, and the shoulder buttons as the bumpers. Windows interprets those triggers as axes, which means without extra software, many games don't like using them - most importantly among them, the Steam Megadrive emulator.

Comment

Working...
                              X