Is Metroid Fusion good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, Fusion is ace.

It makes me want another 2D Metroid instalment so much though.

Comment

I adored Fusion, personally. It's different from most of the other Metroids in that it forces the pace, but for me I think it adds to the game immensely - as mentioned in the review excerpt above the more linear nature is ideal for a handheld incarnation of the game.

And I **** a brick every time I saw the SA-X. That noise still gives me nightmares.

Comment

Fusion is a lot more story based than the other games but it's a pleasant change from the series' usual reticence. As others have said it also forces the pace and is more straight-forward and linear, but it's more to create a controlled, tension-filled experience rather than lazy design.

Some pretty radical stuff happens to Samus though, so it'll be interesting to see how that affects the next game in the timeline (Fusion is the last in the timeline, whereas the Prime series takes place between Metroid and Metroid II).

Comment

I luv it when old threads get resucitated (sp). Would you say its worth picking this game up even though you've rinsed super metroid on the snes, is it not a step backwards, seeing as its a GBA game?

Comment

Nah, it's well worth the purchase.

Comment

It's different. The core gameplay mechanics are pure Metroid, but it's heavily led by the narrative which does a great job of forcing the pace (Which I typically don't like, but didn't have a problem with it in this) and, for me, creates a very moody atmosphere. It also has one of my favourite video game 'villains' in it.

Definitely worth picking up, should be nice and cheap too.

Comment

A great game that's cheap as chips..If you can find it!

Comment

I loved it. Played it solid for weeks. It's tough as old boots though. Great boss battles aswell.
                  This is the one with Nightmare in it yeah?

Comment

Yep, that's right. Poxy gravity.

Comment

Working...
                    X