No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm expecting Shulk will be Xenoblade 3DS compatible.

Comment

I must admit the whole idea of writing data to an Amiibo is lost on me at the moment. Why would you need to do this?

Comment

The sklander figures learned new attacks and would level up the more you played with them, this was consistent across all games and worked well because you could take your figures to a friends and they would still have all the attacks you had unlocked and the charicter lvl stored in the figure, a lvl 10 was always a lvl 10 no matter what game you put it on.

The data nintendo amibos save is slightly less usefull. amibos do not affect your characters move set or power that would unbalance smash bros. Instead there is a non-interactive game where you can watch your amibo fight. The more the amiibo fights the more it levels up unlocking different moves, equipment, and customization options. They will also level up faster when pitted against other amiibo fighters, sounds pretty dull just watching your amiibo fight to unlock say a different coloured hat or something.

to me it feels like Nintendo wanted to bring out these figures but wasn't quite sure how to use them a sklanders style adventure game or a 2d side on brawler would have made a cool side quest style game for smash. They could even bring back captain N to tie all the game worlds together.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 11-11-2014, 14:44.

Comment

Not really looked into these much since I ordered the Smash Bros pack with Mario Amiibo. But some of them look pretty shocking, which isn't helped by the fact the stands on some of them are awful. I'll be sticking with Mario.

Comment

Cheers Lebowski, some interesting info there mate. I think you hit the nail on the head with this:

it feels like Nintendo wanted to bring out these figures but wasn't quite sure how to use them
            Still, it's cool to see them trying a new idea out. Hopefully they can be more useful / better painted in the future

Comment

Wow, very surprising, some of this news.

So am I right in thinking...

>> You can only write one game's content on them - so if you use a Mario Amiibo with both MK8 and Smash Bros, it'll wipe the data
              >> You can use it to unlock data on MK8, but it only works once - so you can't then sell that figure to someone else to do the same

It just seems Nintendo have found a way to make a product which combines the worst elements of both a physical product and DRM'd-DLC, where the only benefit is that you get a crap-looking plastic figure.

It's a shame. I love Nintendo's output and, after seeing what's been achieved with Skylanders/Disney Infinity, I really had hoped this would see them swoop in with a clearly superior product that made the others look like a joke.

Of course, it's early days - we all know what 1st-revision Nintendo products are usually like.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                It just seems Nintendo have found a way to make a product which combines the worst elements of both a physical product and DRM'd-DLC, where the only benefit is that you get a crap-looking plastic figure.

It's a shame. I love Nintendo's output and, after seeing what's been achieved with Skylanders/Disney Infinity, I really had hoped this would see them swoop in with a clearly superior product that made the others look like a joke.
                My thoughts exactly - that's what so disappointing about amiibo. Nintendo had a massive opportunity to claim this market space as their own with REAL quality and prestige. Disney Infinity have already set the bar high so there really isn't an excuse for the final amiibos to look Happy Meal/Kinder Surprise toy standard like they do.

Comment

Shulk will be a Gamestop exclusive in the US

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...clusive-in-us/

Shulk will be a Gamestop exclusive in the US
                    Not really too surprising, Xenoblade was.

Comment

And Canada it looks like. Makes sense as Xenoblade was exclusive them as well.
                      Still bloody annoying.

Comment

Considering the figures have been confirmed by ign to be region free just import a xenoblades one from Japan if anyone can't get the american one.

Comment

I don't think I'll have a problem getting one.
                          I've culled my orders again, from the first batch I've got Villager, Link, Samus, Fox and Marth. 2nd lot just Captain Falcon. 3rd lot Toon Link and Ike. Then I'll have to go to EBGames and get Shulk.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            So am I right in thinking...

>> You can only write one game's content on them - so if you use a Mario Amiibo with both MK8 and Smash Bros, it'll wipe the data
                            Apparently using them with MK8 and other games where they just unlock stuff, nothing is rewritten in the figure so it won't wipe the Smash data. It's still not great in the long run but if that's right you can at least use say Link with MK8 and HW without it affecting the Smash levels and stuff.

Comment

They have fully detailed the loot crates.

Box 1 comes with 4 figures: Mario + Donkey Kong + Kirby + Pikachu, a mini bag, an exclusive sticker and a wrist band.

Box 2 comes with 4 more figures: Samus + Princess Peach + Fox McCloud + Yoshi , another mini bag, and an exclusive cinch bag.

Box 3 has wave 2 Luigi and Princess Zelda, a 3rd collectable mini bag and an exclusive T-shirt. It’s worth pointing out that you input your size, so you’ll get a shirt in your size!

So 10 amiibos and 7 exclusive extras you won’t find anywhere else (one being a T-shirt) for $155 or $165 depending on the subscription.

Comment

$50 a crate plus shipping bear in mind a $14 loot crate when adding shipping and handling to the uk comes in at $30 a month (19.16 with current exchange rates) Your also going above the $20 per crate mark so are gonna get stung with export duty too.

Comment

Working...
                                X