No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not saying Nintenso are wrong, you'd be inviting returns and sharing one amiibo around a group, just saying I understand why he would be a bit miffed- although I would have expected it not to be able to be done- just showing some empathy! It is Christmas after all!!

Comment

Indeed. 'Tis the season and all that. My Christmas wish for all Amiibo collectors is that you can find all the ones you want, their paint jobs are wonderful, you can use them in games, sell them or display them or both and still not have to take them out of the packaging and also that they'll come to life and cook a fantastic Christmas (or holiday of your choice) dinner for you and then wipe the drool from your mouth when you fall asleep in front of the telly.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
        Pray tell me:

a) how many other commercial products you can use without taking them out of their original packaging and why this is such "poor show" from Nintendo?

b) why would anyone want to keep something in the original packaging if the intention isn't to sell it at some point?
        In the "About us" section of the website here it says:

• We are heavily into the retro and collection scene and encourage members to take pride in their collections.

I don't think it's appropriate to assume that all collectors do so for profit. I also don't think that those of us who do enjoy collecting sealed items should have to justify it here. These boards are for friendly like minded discussion, and the mod team state above that they encourage gamers to take pride in their collections.
        Last edited by capcom_suicide; 23-12-2014, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Indeed. 'Tis the season and all that. My Christmas wish for all Amiibo collectors is that you can find all the ones you want, their paint jobs are wonderful, you can use them in games, sell them or display them or both and still not have to take them out of the packaging and also that they'll come to life and cook a fantastic Christmas (or holiday of your choice) dinner for you and then wipe the drool from your mouth when you fall asleep in front of the telly.
          They'd have to be more than ?10.99

Comment

My weak moment order arrived today, Little Mac. I'm fully done till Wave 3 now, it's a cool little collection. Hoping I don't need to run around in future though

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
              I don't think it's appropriate to assume that all collectors do so for profit. I also don't think that those of us who do enjoy collecting sealed items should have to justify it here. These boards are for friendly like minded discussion, and the mod team state above that they encourage gamers to take pride in their collections.
              I'm not against anyone collecting what ever they want, or if they want to keep them in mint condition or not. I am also not against people selling their own stuff for however much someone is willing to pay for them. That's not the point.

I am simply baffled by the idea that someone would expect to be able to use a product without taking it out of it's box - and then complaining about it like Nintendo have somehow wronged them. That's unreasonable and bizarre thinking. If you want to use it but also keep it in "new" condition the solution is simple - buy two.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                I'm not against anyone collecting what ever they want, or if they want to keep them in mint condition or not. I am also not against people selling their own stuff for however much someone is willing to pay for them. That's not the point.

I am simply baffled by the idea that someone would expect to be able to use a product without taking it out of it's box - and then complaining about it like Nintendo have somehow wronged them. That's unreasonable and bizarre thinking. If you want to use it but also keep it in "new" condition the solution is simple - buy two.
                I totally agree with that.

Comment

Can you not be disgruntled by something, but also totally understand why something is? You can totally have an irrational annoyance while completely accepting why that is.

He did say "poor show nintendo" which I don't agree with, but someone can still be saddened by it enough to say so on a message board, even in the acceptance that you have to buy another for the purpose they were intended for.

However , I think it's forgotten that this whole discussion came about from a comment stating a simile that Rubiq was "as retarded as..." And then accused him of complaining because he was a re-seller. A baseless insult, followed by a baseless accusation. Oh yeah, followed by some more starred out swearing.
                  Last edited by MrKirov; 23-12-2014, 21:26.

Comment

I got my first amiibo today! HURRAH!

I wanted to use it so took it out of its packaging (:-p)... It worked a treat and i actually started to love levelling up the little bugger in Smash. I have to admit he - he being Mario - wont be used often i imagine, but he looks damn sexy in front of the TV. Great stuff, super chuffed.

edit: I'm hoping for a Link, Kirby, Diddy (because my brother-in-law has a diddy and he looks super cute,) Captain Falcon, Marth (if they aint all sold out), Zelda, Samus, Fox and... f*ck it, i want them all. They look lovely
                    Last edited by Adam Stone; 23-12-2014, 21:31.
                    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Another one bites the dust!

Comment

Received my first on Christmas day, the villager, might try and get link and fox if it clicks with me. Not yet got home so had no time to try it out yet though!

Comment

I caved. I caved hard.

Comment

I have Pikachu as wanted to try. Not sure I can do anything with him? Registered him with my system and gave nickname under settings. I have Smash Brothers and an Australian New Nintendo 3DS but unlike the Wii U you do not seem to be able to add the Amiibo to the 3DS Smash Brothers which is strange as Australia have the New Nintendot 3DS and Smash Brothers but I'm guessing no option. Not sure how and if it works in a Japanese anew Nintendo 3DS?

Comment

Marth is back in stock at Amazon UK at the moment, for RRP.

Comment

I swore I wouldn't get involved in the Amiibo frenzy, then I walked into my local Tesco's the other day and they had all of Wave 1 including the rare's - there's ?120 spunked :/
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X