No announcement yet.

Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac-Man is a day one must-cop as far as I'm concerned, but I am liking the look of Ness and Charizard.

I could care less about the Mario Bros. series amiibo (especially as I've never really been a Mario Party fan) but obvious allowances might have to be made for Toad - demand for him will be ridiculous.

Comment

I like the look of the Mario Party range, the packaging isn't as nice as the Smash range and from what I've seen so far I'm not convinced by the red bases but I think these look more like a fully thought-out product than what we've seen so far. By that I mean the Smash Bros. Amiibos are clearly trophies from the game adapted to be real world figures, hence the out of place stands that stink of afterthought and in some cases are ghastly (Luigi, Captain Falcon, Link). Whereas this new range looks like real world toys put into the game, it's a shame Nintendo aren't releasing a Mario Party 10 Limited Edition with all 6 figures, dice and a board really.

Assuming they're easy enough to get hold off I'll probably pick up all six of these ones (and anymore they add, Rosalina seemed to be a matching figure in the game but isn't a figure in the actual Amiibo range yet) as I expect to play a lot of Mario Party 10 with family/friends, making these the first Amiibo to offer appealing, meaningful in-game content to me.
      Last edited by Pikate; 14-01-2015, 23:53.

Comment

I've got a feeling the Super Mario 6 are planned to be permanent lines, everything about them seems geared towards being a standard collection so they should be easy to get hold of for a long while. They'll probably switch them in and out of limited runs as and when other Mario titles hit down the line. There's going to be a reissue of Marth too which pretty much kills the character as a valuable figure, the Amiibo mark up market is probably going to be KIA soon too.

Comment

Yep, I'd expect all of the Fire Emblem amiibo to be re-issued on account of them being compatible with Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Comment

Only having room for one game's data is weird. I mean, I thought the point was to reward players across games? That would be a brilliant move, but nah.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              Only having room for one game's data is weird. I mean, I thought the point was to reward players across games? That would be a brilliant move, but nah.
              Seriously?!??!

That's another reason not to get them then.

I thought that was the entire point? Like literally the whole, or 99.999999% of the reason!

Comment

They can only save one games file info eg a Smash Bros character level but they can be used for simple stuff like unlocking stuff I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  They can only save one games file info eg a Smash Bros character level but they can be used for simple stuff like unlocking stuff I think.
                  Totally transforms my image of them.

The whole point, from my perspective, is to make progress with an Amiibo in Smash, then load it into MarioKart and get some kind of bonus relative to your Smash progress - then do the same for Mario Party, etc.

Basically that your character is persistent across different games (even if it's just your in-game name and some customisation).

Can't believe that isn't the case.

Comment

It's a massive shame that they're limited for memory, can't imagine it would have added too much to the cost for better memory. Especially given what some peeps have been willing to pay for them

Comment

Robyn and lucina thankyouplease.

Comment

Can't believe they're churning out so many, so quickly how many have been released/confirmed now?

Comment

Shulk is actually sold out? It's the only one I wanted

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                            Shulk is actually sold out? It's the only one I wanted
                            Pre-orders were snapped up ridiculously quickly. Your best bet at this point might be trying to find an actual store that has Shulk going come release day - that's how I got my hands on Little Mac.

That said, I'd be very surprised if Shulk wasn't re-issued - can't imagine that Nintendo would miss a trick given that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X are coming out later in the year.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 15-01-2015, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                              Can't believe they're churning out so many, so quickly how many have been released/confirmed now?
                              I think in total it's just shy of 50 now. They seem really settled into 6 one month and 5 the next. Should be one more Smash Bros wave I think, me wants me some Zero Suit Samus and Falco Amiibo

Comment

What do you guys think of the Captain Toad kind-of-DLC attached to the Toad amiibo? Means I will have to get it, probably, even though I don't really want to start buying these.

Comment

Working...
                                X