Amiibo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
    There aren't many that are truly rare now.
    Nintendo seem to have restocked.
    Still f-all over here. I'm considering ordering a bunch from Japan and getting the GF to smuggle them in.

Comment

Launching soon for ?50 is Amiiqo. An unofficial device which lets owners back up save their figure data. Owners can also download and store 200 figure dats from the net meaning they can unlock Amiibo features without having to buy Amiibos anymore

Comment

Clever idea but Nintendo won't put up with it for long.

Comment

What could they do about it?

Comment

Similar thing happened with Skylanders and as the comments on EG say, it's a conflict of a patent I believe rather than copyright issue.

Big thread on the Amiibo device here and actually seems to work perfectly on a 3DS.

There's a Wii U firmware patch today that *may* have already blocked it

Rfid that the amiibo use, is so easy to copy so a new gadget on the way .... A brand-new product has just been launched, and it is amazing, you can now enjoy on your Nintendo devices both Wii U and 3DS, any amiibo ever released and even ones before they exist, thanks to amiiqo...
            Last edited by VR46; 18-08-2015, 11:51. Reason: For the edit.

Comment

Collectors prepare thyselves! Nintendo has announce the Mega Yoshi Yarn Amiibo

Comment

Its feet are HUGE! The little sitting ones look prettier, I reckon.

Comment

Looks crap, wondering whats really the need of a stupidly big one as well.

Comment

My 3 year old daughter would love it.....

Comment

...and my 14-year old son already says he wants it.

Comment

And now an Indie game has the Amiibo treatment, and content locked without it

The figure will also unlock a co-op mode, exclusively in the Wii U version.
                        As someone says on the EG comments, Amiibo's success could be their biggest downfall with crap like that.

Nintendo has revealed a Shovel Knight Amiibo - the first figurine to be based on an indie game.The retro platforming he…

Comment

The more Amiibo goes on the more on board I get, they're really getting settled into figures I don't want so few tempt me

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                            And now an Indie game has the Amiibo treatment, and content locked without it]
                            First of all, why the **** does Egoraptor have that ******* atrocious blonde dye in his hair? **** that's ugly!

Second, there's no content "locked" from the game that you buy, there was NEVER a co-op mode to begin with! And the game was released A YEAR AGO. I mean Jesus, are you kidding me?

[Edited by QualityChimp for bypassing the swear filter]
                            Last edited by QualityChimp; 29-08-2015, 08:07.

Comment

Shall be picking up one of these once they sort out a PC method of uploading to the device as i don't own a nfc enabled android phone or tablet. Perfect for consolidating a collection onto one device will be handy to carry my animal forest card collection on one device while out & about than taking a full binder with me. Lol the resellers market isn't going to be as hot once people can get the data to just use the games they want. Can't see how Nintendo can block this one either as it just emulates been a NFC chip

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Can't see how Nintendo can block this one either as it just emulates been a NFC chip
                                Next version will likely require online authentication.

Comment

Working...
                                X