• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disney showing nintendo how to make quality vinyl figures

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
      It's physical DLC :|
      ...and isn't it exactly what they said they wouldn't do? It's really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        But (as certain people on here keep trying to tell us) you're not supposed to be able to get that kind of quality at that price, dontcha know?

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        It's physical DLC a cash grab :|
        Corrected.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-11-2014, 10:46.

Comment

Nintendo will launch other forms of Amiibo in the future, the company has announced, including Amiibo cards and smaller…

Smaller cheaper ones also coming.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
            It is DLC/Memory stick in a plastic figure....
            You see, above posted 11/06. I can read Nintendo well, too many years if getting Nintenbummed.

Comment

Lootcrate are teaming up with Nintendo for specific Amiboo crates.
              Loot Crate is the #1 pop culture subscription-based service on the planet, bringing the love of pop culture conventions to fans at home. We work closely with creators and licensed partners like Warner Brothers, Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Universal, Bethesda, Crunchyroll and others to imagine new products for our fans.

Nintendo has teamed up with Loot Crate for a limited-time amiibo distribution. Those who sign up for an “amiibo Subscription Service” will receive 10 pre-selected amiibo separated into three special Loot Crate shipments throughout the holiday season.

Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Fox and Yoshi are included in the shipments. The other five figures will be revealed through Loot Crate soon.

Nintendo and Loot Crate are also teasing “a few additional surprises” for Smash Bros. and amiibo fans that will be shared in the future.

Comment

10 pre-selected Amiibo? Aren't there only 10 available right now? Or 12, at most.

Comment

Lucrative deal for Loot Crate in that case. God knows they need it...it's currently an absolutely pathetic monthly box of worthless tat that I struggle to see the point of!

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                    Lucrative deal for Loot Crate in that case. God knows they need it...it's currently an absolutely pathetic monthly box of worthless tat that I struggle to see the point of!
                    Some of the stuffs ok the Turtles/Guardians of the galaxy/Transformers vinyls have made it kind of worth it but the last few months have been really naff, the final nail was the rubbish book random comic (issue 308 of walking dead). The main item was terrible too a dead rising pen!!! its like a bad quality free promo item.

Crap t-shirts dont help either there all over the place quality wise the zelda one i got was really thin and small while the transformers one is good quality and quite big. for ?18 its probaly cheaper to just pick the bits you want up off eBay and ignore the tat, god knows what I'm gonna do with a star trek tribble.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 10-11-2014, 14:40.

Comment

Wonder if there will be a lootcrate exclusive amibo, maybe one that didn't fall out of a happy meal looking like it was painted by a blind chimp.

Comment

Yeah thats always been my theory. You can wait until a months box is released, watch an unboxing vid, and if theres anything decent in there you like, chances are you can buy it for alot less than the LootCrate RRP!

I know the randomness is all part of the experience, but I'm yet to hear of anything that makes it worth ?216 a year!

Comment

Nintendo should've jumped on this a couple of years ago with Pokemon figures and full integration into a cross-platform Pokemon title. That would've made a killing.

Comment

They may yet do that. Pok?mon is still mega popular.

Comment

I don't doubt Pokemon's popularity has changed much over the past couple of years, but I just feel they (and Disney to a lesser extent) are missing the boat a bit on the interactive figure thing. Just check out any CeX with the seemingly mandatory shelf full of Skylanders figures which just don't sell anymore.

Comment

Yes good point. I think it might end up like the Guitar Hero inspired plastic instrument craze.

Comment

Working...
                                X