Legend of Korra - Platinum and Activision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
    If more people liked good (Platinum) games and bought them instead of whatever mediocre shooter just came out they wouldn't have to resort to making deals with Activision to pay the bills. I obviously don't know the development details behind Korra but I assume it is a quick turn around project developed on a minimal budget with little regard from the publisher about the quality so long as it hits the dates. Platinum have a proven track record of greatness but there is only so much you can do to a game under certain time and budgetary limits.

Just like the licensed games I've worked on
    Take the Bayonetta 2 fighting engine reskin it into the avatar/kora universe I don't see how they got this wrong? thier could be a level of greatness that the reviewers are missing, as speedy said god hand got slated by the press.

Comment

Players on GAF seem to all say that it's good. Not Platinum's best but fun. Maybe I can step away from the ledge?

Comment

i am still bitter about the ign god hand review and this one http://ie.ign.com/articles/2001/02/1...-wing-2-import

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          Take the Bayonetta 2 fighting engine reskin it into the avatar/kora universe I don't see how they got this wrong? thier could be a level of greatness that the reviewers are missing, as speedy said god hand got slated by the press.
          From what I've read from 1st players is the game is based on the anarchy reigns engine and plays very much like a sped up version.

Comment

A website about video games, computers, technology with reviews, interviews and news.

Have to post this in here just for the comedy of it.

Comment

Ha, biogamergirl was one of the websites that Activision used for their Destiny review scores roundup, so no doubt they'll use this one too.

Comment

If it is based on the Anarchy Reigns engine I will be steering WAY clear...what a bag of **** that game was.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  http://www.biogamergirl.com/2014/10/...me-review.html

Have to post this in here just for the comedy of it.
                  Girl gamers ruin the internet for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                    Girl gamers ruin the internet for everyone.
                    <Ben Elton> oOOOOoo Controversial </Ben Elton>

Comment

It's true... I know I'm going wildly off-topic but things like this make me sick.

No guy would ever be asked to make a video like that or get that kind of exposure. I'm the biggest feminist here, I'm sure, but so many "Girl Gamers" are posers, using the fact they're a woman to get a following because the audience is stereotypically made up of adolescents and the socially awkward.

That's why I like niche communities of real gamers and connoisseurs like we here. Gaming here isn't a "geek chic" stick-on personality that'll be replaced by Vinyl record collecting or a polaroid camera tomorrow it's a passion here.

Anyway, back on topic, Legend of Korra looks crap, can't blame anyone but Platinum and Activision for that. Platinum can be inspired and a shining star in the dev world but from what I've seen I bet they can also be a supercilious bunch who are very capable of tossing their toys out of the pram and phoning it in if they're not given free reign over everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                        Anyway, back on topic, Legend of Korra looks crap, can't blame anyone but Platinum and Activision for that. Platinum can be inspired and a shining star in the dev world but from what I've seen I bet they can also be a supercilious bunch who are very capable of tossing their toys out of the pram and phoning it in if they're not given free reign over everything.
                        Erm, what?

Anyone actually played this yet? Hoping I get an hour or so tonight. Seems that the early comments suggest the core gameplay is decent but the whole thing lacks TLC and is rough around the edges. Sort of what I expected from a budget P* developed title.

Comment

Had a quick go myself, hardly platinums best work, but far from awful. Combat is a little dull to start off, seems like it will improve with upgrades though. Camera is annoying, especially when jumping, which feels too floaty, I've died a few times due to a mixture of camera and jump related problems. I'd agree with rough around the edges, but I'm enjoying it enough to keep going at the moment.

Comment

Looks fair if you're stuck with a next gen machine, won't be wasting my money on it though given that I'm not an avatar fan.

Comment

Working...
                            X