No announcement yet.

www.ntsc-uk.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm used to Bordersdown now but I think I'd kind of love to see the site use NTSC-UK just because, you know, history.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      If anyone is familiar with updating wikipedia, please could they update this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC-uk
      I get told off when I do it.
      - link under the logo
      - text in History section
      Wikipedia just run by a bunch of wankers isn't it.

Another vote for a rename back to NTSC-UK, I still call it that too, redirect works for me to.

Comment

Nice to see it's back under the one roof again. To be honest, despite the history I'd stick with the current name as I think the old reasoning still stands that the hope is to slowly grow the number of users and NTSC-UK is pretty much a direct reflection of an era of gaming we no longer live in, the reference would be lost on most newbies. Either way, all links lead to here so doesn't seem worth the effort to re-rebrand

Comment

Definitely not going through that again. But at least you can now type it into the url bar and feel all fluffy.

Comment

Actually on that, could anyone remind me when the royalties get sent out to the Bordersdown logo designers? It's been a while since I got a cheque, I think.

Comment

It's yearly isn't it? Plutonian years.

Comment

Yeah that sounds about right. I shall look forward to my share of the 7p royalty soon then.

Comment

Well done, Charles! Now see if you can get bordersdown.com.

Definitely not going through that again. But at least you can now type it into the url bar and feel all fluffy.
                  Did I not go easy enough on you?

Comment

Heheh, you made it much easier. It's all the tech stuff that's problematic. Changing all the settings and adding replacement variables and stuff. I was still finding things I'd missed months later.

Comment

eeep, I just checked bordersdown.com and it's ?1800
                      Whatever.

Comment

Heh yea I think it was actually ?3000. It cost me $69 (lowest possible bid at namejet auction).
                        Good stuff will direct more people to the site.

Just to add redirect works for me in Safari.

Comment

eeep, I just checked bordersdown.com and it's ?1800
                          Whatever.
                          Should have picked it up when you choose the name as it's now taken by one of those domain names thief websites.

Comment

It was already taken at the time. It was around ?900 back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Nice to see it's back under the one roof again. To be honest, despite the history I'd stick with the current name as I think the old reasoning still stands that the hope is to slowly grow the number of users and NTSC-UK is pretty much a direct reflection of an era of gaming we no longer live in, the reference would be lost on most newbies. Either way, all links lead to here so doesn't seem worth the effort to re-rebrand

isn't borders down a similar reference, i always thought borders down sounded more like a site with a political agenda.

"Our aim at borders down is to Bring down the Berlin Wall and get rid of the borders between east and west Germany, sign up now to show your support for German reunification"
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 27-06-2014, 14:09.

Comment

It was already taken at the time. It was around ?900 back then.
                                Eek, wish they would do something to outlaw that practice, the problem seems to be getting worse as the years go on.

Comment

Working...
                                X