Final Fantasy Explorers [3DS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy Explorers [3DS]

This was one of the games featured in the 3rd Party 3DS Direct last week, for Japan only.

FFE is an action RPG with local and online multiplay, due out "this winter". Japan only so far.

I looked at the video and it looked somewhat interesting. Somebody said 'Monster Hunter' with an FF make-up...?

Comment

You could be right, won't be a full on RPG but could be great if they get it right, to quote NintendoLife....

The four player title is intended as a stepping-stone into the world of RPGs and will boast famous creatures from the history of the esteemed series. Players will be able to create a character from different "job" classes and online play will be possible over both a local and web connection.

Comment

Am I the only one who kinda doesn't want to hear much more about this? (that's not a dig at the thread starter)

It's been on all the news sites, but I'm really worried it's going to go PSO2/Dragon Quest X on us, and with the 3DS being region locked, many of us might never get to play it.

Comment

Out on December 18th - 5800yen for the physical version, 4500yen digital. If I don't go digital I'll probably not bother.

Comment

Would like to see this hit EU.

Comment

And you will on the 29th of January 2016! Just announced on the FF Facebook page.

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Comment

Finally, can start reading about this now

So what is it? Something like a Final Fantasy Monster Hunter?

Comment

Yes but not as good.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Yes but not as good.
                    Still, if it's the start of a new series I may be interested. I never quite got into Monster Hunter even though I like them in concept (so many aspects of it feel obtuse to me).

Comment

I did a First Play of FFE Light a few months back, my thoughts are in there. What shows the most is that I've not bought it.

Comment

Anyone have anything positive to say about this?

I've been looking at it as a possible 3DS online multiplayer game. People have said it compares unfavourably to Monster Hunter, but I've never got into the MH games (despite a few attempts) and the Final Fantasy sheen of this appeals to me.

Any reason you'd get this over MH4?

Comment

No 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            No 3D.
                            Doesn't really bother me either way. I rarely have 3D turned on with my 3DS, except for a few key genres like racing games.

Comment

Working...
                            X