Resident Evil Remake Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil Remake Remaster

The Cube remake of RE1 is coming to PS4, PS3, X1, X360 and PC.

GET HYPE.

This is possibly the best RE game.

Wow. I would have thought it would be next to impossible due to the prerendered SD 4:3 backgrounds but this is one case where I am very happy to be completely wrong.

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

If they do a decent job of it it could look incredibly nice. Not sure I have it in me anymore for tank controls and bad puzzles

Comment

Ah good old barry

"And Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the Master of Unlocking, take it with you"

"That was too close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

"Whoa! This hall is dangerous!"

"It's Forest! Oh, my god!"

Comment

They are cropping the backgrounds for 16:9 but allowed it to scroll up and down based on the way you are facing.

Comment

So will the back grounds be prerendered? or are they totally re doing the whole game from a fresh?

I really enjoyed this game first time around, it quite possibly is my favourite of the lot... Could also be a sign that we are moving back towards this style of play with upcoming sequels...

Comment

Please do Biohazard 2 now.

Comment

Same as the original.

Official site.
                  ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

You can play in either 4:3 mode. 16:9 fixed or 16:9 with scrolling.

Also you can use the original controls or modern 3D movement with the analogue stick.
                  Last edited by nakamura; 05-08-2014, 10:20.

Comment

Holy Cow!!! Capcom, please, please, please follow this with Biohazard 2 and Dino Crisis...

Comment

Could mean a decent chance of a Resident Evil Zero Remastered down the line

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Same as the original.

Official site.
                        ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

You can play in either 4:3 mode. 16:9 fixed or 16:9 with scrolling.

Also you can use the original controls or modern 3D movement with the analogue stick.
                        If they're cropping it, that means they aren't rerendering the backgrounds which means likely SD upscaled? Am I right? Seems unlikely they would have created HD assets back in the day. And yet they are calling it HD...

Comment

On Capcom's site it says the next gen versions are out next year and PS3 and 360 this November.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            If they're cropping it, that means they aren't rerendering the backgrounds which means likely SD upscaled? Am I right? Seems unlikely they would have created HD assets back in the day. And yet they are calling it HD...
                            It's Capcom!

Comment

Ok, looks like Japan gets it in 2014, the West in early 2015.

In Japan the PS3 version will get a retail release in 3 flavours, standard, collectors and limited. No word on what comes with them. No box for any version in the West.

Both PS4 and X1 are 1080p and PS3 and 360 are 720p.

Comment

Working...
                              X