Earth Defense Force V2 - Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Defense Force V2 - Vita

Earth Defense Force 2 (Global Defense Force in the West) is getting revamped and re-released on the PS Vita.

EDF 2 came out in 2005 in Japan on the PS2
    GDF came out in 2007 in Europe on the PS2
    EDF 2 came out on the PSP in Japan in 2011

The shiny new Vita version is due November 2014 in Japan, but no news on any localised versions yet.
    The game will see the addition of the Air Raider class and add 4-player co-op and have over 400 weapons to collect.

There will also be a double pack with the EDF 2017 Vita release.

Here is the trailer for the PSP version from 2011.

Oh please please please let there be a western release for this!!!

Comment

Some of the bosses in this look immense!

I have the PS2 version, but I'd rather play a snazzed up remake.

Comment

Had the PS2 game and it was bundles of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Some of the bosses in this look immense!

I have the PS2 version, but I'd rather play a snazzed up remake.
          So buy a VITA and come play online with me

2017 is dead...so I only play it on aeroplanes now.

Comment

What's the score with PlayStation TV that's coming out?

Am I right in thinking it:
            -Plays PS1 games (bought from PS store)
            -Plays PS2 games (ditto)
            -Plays PS4 games on a different telly to be one it's hooked up to
            -Plays PS vita games (PS store)

Obviously, the last point is most relevant to this thread as I'd like to play this on a telly, not a handheld.

You can't hook a Vita up to a telly, can you?

Comment

It doesn't play PS2 games at all, you can't play PS2 games on Vita. You can stream PS4 to it, yeah.

It only plays SOME Vita games. Not all. Most don't work due to their dependence on touchscreen etc. The devs have to patch for the Vita TV and enable compatibility in the game themselves.

No you can't hook a Vita up to a TV unless you have a devkit.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Wakka.

So it sounds like the best way to play this will be on a Vita, which would be a more enticing prospect if Sony hadn't started to pretend the Vita doesn't exist. I imagine Gamescom would have gone a lot differently if people knew there was an exlusive EDF game coming out for it. Very different, indeed!

Shame, because I really want to blow up the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye.

Erm, in case MI5 have stumbled across this, I mean I want to blow up the ants on Big Ben, not the actual clock tower and if it were to blow up, it would be collateral damage whilst saving the Earth from Ravagers.

Comment

By the game early in case of limited print. Wait until the Vita is being sold off cheap. Happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Thanks for the reply, Wakka.

So it sounds like the best way to play this will be on a Vita, which would be a more enticing prospect if Sony hadn't started to pretend the Vita doesn't exist. I imagine Gamescom would have gone a lot differently if people knew there was an exlusive EDF game coming out for it. Very different, indeed!

Shame, because I really want to blow up the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye.

Erm, in case MI5 have stumbled across this, I mean I want to blow up the ants on Big Ben, not the actual clock tower and if it were to blow up, it would be collateral damage whilst saving the Earth from Ravagers.

That's OK. If you are interested in the Vita TV, I believe the Japanese version of EDF2017 did work on it. So there is the possibility that this will also be compatible.

Comment

It only needs patches for games needing touch screen doesn't it?

Buy a Vita and blast bugs (b)on't bog!

Comment

Working...
                      X