Too Many Games!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have this kind of thread every year!

If you like playing one game at a time - do it and don't worry what you're missing out on.
    If you like playing lots of games a little bit - play them and enjoy what time you have with them.
    If you like the aspect of collecting rather than playing - appreciate what you have and don't get obsessed with what you don't have.

Personally, I like playing one game at a time. I'll play it until I'm done (completed/another game comes along/had enough of it) and then move on.

Society, marketing and advertising are always trying to make you feel like you're missing out, but if you're enjoying how you're playing, don't worry about everything else.

It's like being down the pub with all your mates, but still looking at Facebook because you're worried on what you're missing out on.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
      I don't really play games much these days but I still have ten on the go at the moment. I blame the Steam sales quite frankly.
      Humble Bundle has pushed my Steam library sky high. I think I've probably played less than 10% of them

Comment

From the past 18 months or so - the only games I have completed of them is Killer is Dead and Metal Gear Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          We have this kind of thread every year!
          We really do. PS+, Steam sales and the like are definitely contributing factors to it getting slightly worse each year though.

Comment

And long may they continue, says I! I don't like backlogs or unplayed games on my shelves, they depress me. 1 or 2 games at a time, for me. See y'all in 12 months where I'll post the same or similar.

Comment

Yet to play most of these.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                From the past 18 months or so - the only games I have completed of them is Killer is Dead and Metal Gear Rising.

Best get on that Chrono Cross!!!

Comment

There definitely is too many games. I think a lot of you won't even reach the depth of most of them either. I've spent 300 hours on ultra street fighter 4, and 200 hours for dark souls 2 on 2 fairly new games. I still haven't finished dark souls 2.

If you're happy to just scratch the surface hen play another game fair enough but surely it's a huge waste of effort and money on both sides.

Comment

The past year I've played 1500 hours of Tera, so you see where my time goes..

Comment

I don't think leaving it on when you sleep counts, just so you know!

Comment

At least 20 hours of Japanese MH3 online was me making coffee or going to the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                          I don't think leaving it on when you sleep counts, just so you know!
                          I don't do that actually, though I do leave it running when I'm doing stuff in the house so there's that.

Comment

Speedy you need to just get rid of some of them dude. Scratch that, a good 90% of them.

Comment

Working...
                            X