No announcement yet.

When You Wish Upon a... Major Gaming Publishing Corporation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have a new PC-Engine or NEO GEO? Pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Microsoft hand the Xbox division to Sega. Sega get gamer goodwill back immediately, Sony and Nintendo are forced to respond and we get a triple console war with proper awesome games coming out on all 3 systems and everything is awesome again like it used to be.
      So you want the major console competition to return to being Japanese-centric? I'm on board with that anytime.

I'd swell with excitement to see either Atlus/Square Enix pick up the rights for the Shadow Hearts franchise and make a new entry in the series, retaining its obtuse humour and excellent settings in history (i.e late 19th/early 20th century). The first 3 games used these periods fantastically and were great RPGS.
      Last edited by Paddy; 09-09-2014, 22:46.

Comment

I'd love it if more publishers got actively involved with modders and coders like Sega did with Sonic CD instead of shutting their stuff down like Sega did with the Streets of Rage Remake.

Yes, it's probably unworkable on a large scale but imagine a decent Saturn emu author getting access to console documentation in return for their code being used to release ports/emulated versions of niche games that the publisher wouldn't normally bother with.

It should still be subject to Q&A like everything else to keep the quality up.

Imagine if, like XBLA and PSN, Sega themselves had an indie dev programme for their IP. It could be available to a select few high-profile coding/modding sites like SonicRetro.org, curated by the community with a monthly submission limit to filter out the crap.

Sega Presents... like when Tarantino 'presents' a film.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Sticking within the realms of possibility...

Nintendo to remember that Starfox is more than a character in Smash Brothers and make a proper Starfox game.
          Your wish is already happening.

Directed & produced by Miyamoto himself.
          Last edited by Guts; 10-09-2014, 09:40.

Comment

Yep!

And I just read the wiki. Sounds brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
              Sega to release Yakuza 5 (and other non-translated Yakuza titles) in English.
              This..

Comment

Cave to buy the rights to RAIZING game and for Souky, Battle Garegga , Battle Bakraid and the rest of RAIZING shooters to XBox Live and PSN

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Cave to buy the rights to RAIZING game and for Souky, Battle Garegga , Battle Bakraid and the rest of RAIZING shooters to XBox Live and PSN
                  That is an awesome suggestion. And maybe the rights to Toaplan games too.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                    Your wish is already happening.

Directed & produced by Miyamoto himself.
                    It isn't, though; it uses the Gamepad as a motion sensor. You tilt it to aim.

You know, like how it DOESN'T WORK WELL in the 3DS Starfox 64, or ANY OTHER GAME EVER. :angry:

Comment

Actually I find tilting to aim pretty accurate, and I hate motion controls usually. It worked really well in Gravity Rush.

Plus, it will likely be optional Nintendo do tend to make about 800,000 different pads compatible with their games these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        It isn't, though; it uses the Gamepad as a motion sensor. You tilt it to aim.

You know, like how it DOESN'T WORK WELL in the 3DS Starfox 64, or ANY OTHER GAME EVER. :angry:
                        Entirely different hardware and everything, so let's wait until it's done before condemning it to the lowest pits of Hell.

Comment

Working...
                        X