No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the ssd has blue screened again and now wont be detected at all by the mobo. Great, this day has been absolutely great, insert rage gif here.

Either faulty ssd or bad port on the mobo, sigh. Ordered a new ssd to see if that fixes the issue, if so ill send the old one back.

Edit. Printer wont print anything either, jobs are going to printer then nothing they just disappear, good job w10.

Edit2. disconnected the system for now until i can find out whats going on, new ssd is on its way so ill find out whether its the ssd or the m.2 port on the mobo, lets hope its just the ssd..
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-03-2022, 08:15.

Comment

Replacement ssd detected first time on the mobo and w10 already installed with no issues, fingers crossed the original was faulty and not the mobo.

Comment

New issue. Fun. Printers won’t work. Its detecting them both, 1 cannon LBP700Cn & 1 zebra gk420d. Installs them fine into windows auto detect and they show up as the correct names with drivers. However you send any jobs to them they just disappear. USB ports are all fine as my mouse, keyboard, usb drive all work fine off any port. Not the printers though.

This seems like a W10 issue to me?

Comment

More about the impending RTX40XX series

Comment

Awesome, more graphics cards no one can buy, apart from the bots obviously.

Comment

Plenty of graphics cards around now - NVIDIA has been selling some of them via their store for MSRP recently, albeit the high-end cards, but the prices have substantially dropped as availability has ramped up. Prices are still a bit inflated, but they are trending downwards.

You can get new cards below MSRP if you're happy with the RX 6500 XT tho seems nobody wants them.

Comment

I picked up an RX 6600 for below rrp the other day so it isn’t that bad now, it’s certainly improving in the mid range.

Comment

Thought id revisit Starcraft2 campaign for the first time in who knows how long, last time I played it my old mac ran it at like 24fps on low settings.

Maxed my monitor out at 244fps at ultra, i know this is a really old game now, but holy moly, thats some smooth butter right there, smoooooooooth.

Comment

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe out on Steam today
                    The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe is an expanded re-imagining of 2013's The Stanley Parable. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will make a choice, and you will become powerless. You are not here to win. The Stanley Parable is a game that plays you.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Maxed my monitor out at 244fps at ultra, i know this is a really old game now, but holy moly, thats some smooth butter right there, smoooooooooth.
                      Do you have your Windows OS set up to make the most out of your screen as well? I find that working, browsing, and just generally moving windows around is much easier on the eye with a high refresh.

Comment

Yeah high refresh is so good just for general work usage. My laptop screen has it and my monitor doesn’t and I’m now spoiled - my monitor feels jerky and sluggish

Comment

Spider-Man Remastered swings on to PC in August | Eurogamer.net
                          Spider-Man Remastered will be coming to PC on 12 August 2022

Comment

Apple will introduce their own set of gaming APIs when Metal 3 will launch, including MetalFX Upscaling, and an API dedicated to fast loading of assets.
                            No Man's Sky and Resident Evil Village will be the first games to support MetalFX.

Watch the WWDC22 Apple Keynote announcing the latest software, hardware, services, and operating systems.To watch the event interpreted in American Sign Lang...

Comment

PC Gaming Showcase was much better for me. Lot's of awesome stuff coming out.
                              • Falling Frontier looks like an epic Sci-fi RTS.
                              • Immortality looks like a really cool/interesting FMV game.
                              • Demonschool looks very SMT-like which I'm down for.
                              • Farthest Frontier looks like a chill simulation game.
                              • New Blood's bit was fantastic. Amid Evil: The Black Labyrinth, Ultrakill, Faith: The Unholy Trinity and Glooomwood all look fantastic. I guess I'm a bit out of it because I've never heard of these guys before now.

• Victoria 3 looks like a game you'd lose hours at a time to.
                              • Laysara just looks amazing. What a great little trailer, it's easily the game I'm most interested in.

Comment

If you have Amazon Prime, you may or may not know that they have a freebie game selection every month as part of Prime Gaming for PC.

However, it looks like they've spent a bit more cash for Prime Day this year and seem to be putting some big hitters on the list. There were rumours around that Amazon was interested in EA as an acquisition, and many of these games are from EA's doors. Runs from June 21 to July 13.

Notable games on the list include

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (July 12-13)
                                Grid Legends
                                Need for Speed Heat
                                Star Wars Jedi Academy

Comment

Working...
                                X