• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Loom

Comment

I think that's the one, aye.

Comment

RTX-4090 launch day. Cheapest I could find was £1699 and most expensive was £2399.

I decided not to bother.

It's also the launch day (apparently) for Intel ARC Cards. Seems there aren't any in the UK. eBuyer has some for pre-order the A750 for £329 and the A770 LE for £389. Given you can currently buy an RTX 3060 Ti for £369, Intel has dropped the ball on UK pricing.

Disappointing all around it seems - no 3 or 5 series cards anywhere to be seen either, and it's the AV1 encoding I'm interested in so defo not really wanting to go to A7. More like a paper launch for this one.

Looks like the 4090 sold out tho. More money than sense and average people

Edit - seems people are already trying to scalp them on eBay for £3K - hope they fail badly to flip them.
        Last edited by MartyG; 12-10-2022, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          RTX-4090 launch day. Cheapest I could find was £1699 and most expensive was £2399.

I decided not to bother.

It's also the launch day (apparently) for Intel ARC Cards. Seems there aren't any in the UK. eBuyer has some for pre-order the A750 for £329 and the A770 LE for £389. Given you can currently buy an RTX 3060 Ti for £369, Intel has dropped the ball on UK pricing.

Disappointing all around it seems - no 3 or 5 series cards anywhere to be seen either, and it's the AV1 encoding I'm interested in so defo not really wanting to go to A7. More like a paper launch for this one.

Looks like the 4090 sold out tho. More money than sense and average people

Edit - seems people are already trying to scalp them on eBay for £3K - hope they fail badly to flip them.
          Was tempted with Arc problem was using a 8000 series Intel and because the motherboard is that old apparently Arc has issues with older motherboards with performance tanking

Comment

Yeah, it needs resizable bar so that more memory can be addressed which needs 10th gen Intel or 3XXX series Ryzen for the cards to be effective.

eBuyer does have some A750s in stock now for £329, but the A770 is still pre-order only and has gone up in price already to £400. Damn inflation in realtime - but given you can pick up the 3060 Ti from the NVIDIA storefront at the moment for £369, it's a price fail too.

Seems that the ARC GPU was mostly a paper launch.

Comment

The November 2020 Prime Gaming games have also leaked, so unconfirmed titles available 1st Nov are current expected to be ...

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
              WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship
              Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
              Last Day of June
              Etherborn
              Whispering Willows
              Facility 47

Comment

This is why I like Gamers Nexus - an actual sensible look at the RTX 4090 adapter cable, rather than jumping on the hysteria train.

Support our deep dives like this! Grab a GN 3D Coaster Pack: https://store.gamersnexus.net/products/gn-drink-debug-coaster-pack-4-custom-3d-coasters-100x100m...

It does look like this is more an issue on the QA of the adapters, rather than an inherent issue with the connector.

Apparently, the sky isn't falling down.

I still wouldn't be buying an RTX 4XXX series though, but not for this reason.

Comment

It felt like absolute bedlam when the 30XX series launched, I barely feel like the 40XX are out. So much more muted

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    It felt like absolute bedlam when the 30XX series launched, I barely feel like the 40XX are out. So much more muted
                    Are they out?

Comment

Just checked, nope, that would explain it then

With the write ups and unlaunching news etc I assumed they'd been and gone already

Comment

There are actually two new RTX 3XXX series cards launching.

The RTX 3060 Ti GDDR6X and RTX 3060 8GB.

Comment

For those who give Bezos money on a monthly or annual basis, Prime Gaming games for November 2022 have been announced.

Available starting November 1

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
                          WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship
                          Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
                          Last Day of June
                          Etherborn
                          Whispering Willows
                          Facility 47

Comment

Dwarf Fortress finally arriving on Steam on 6th December this year. This is the new version with…. GRAPHICS!

Rumoured to actually tell you how to play it and stuff as well.

Comment

It's a massively complex game, defo not one for the casuals.

Comment

So the AMD GPUs have been announced, with the chiplet design as expected. This is good as it means that the silicon yields will be better (and probably one of the reasons AMD is able to undercut NVIDIA on pricing).

The RX 7900 XTX with 96CUs RDNA3, 2.3 GHz, 24 GB GDDR6 (not X) with 384 bit bus, DP2.1 and AV1 encode pulling 355W costing $999

and the RX 7900 XT with 84CUs, 2GHz, 20 GB GDDR, DP2.1 and AV1 encode pulling 300W costing $899

The cards are out on December 13th, which is a bit disappointing. It's kind of missing the boat given that RTX 4080 will have launched by then.

The cards do look like they have decent performance with AMD claiming around a 1.5-1.7x performance improvement over the RX6900.

We'll have to wait until the reviews show this is the case, but at the moment it's looking like NVIDIA will have direct competition this time around, but the 4090 is probably going to outperform on RT. Given the pricing, it looks like it's more of a 4080 competitor.

I will definitely be interested in seeing the numbers from some real-world reviews.

AMD Navi 31, 2498 MHz, 6144 Cores, 384 TMUs, 192 ROPs, 24576 MB GDDR6, 2500 MHz, 384 bit

Comment

Working...
                                X