Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Steam now offers refunds on game purchases for any reason, so long as consumers request it within 14 days of purchase a…

Steam is now offering refunds on bought games as long as they've been played for less than 2 hours and the purchase was less than 14 days ago.

They're looking out for peeps abusing the system for free games naturally but the move will be popular.

Comment

I can't think any time where I would have used the refund feature yet but it may incline me to buy more games I'm on the fence about to give them a go. I think it could get quite messy though with people trying to abuse it as you say!

Comment

I'm not sure there's a lot you can abuse, two hour cut off doesn't give you much chance to finish a game - I haven't read the details, but I doubt Valve is going to let you buy, play for 1h 59m, refund, buy, play for 1h 59m, refund, buy ... you get the idea.

This can only be a good thing for consumers and makes pre-ordering on Steam more attractive because you're not going to be left with a lemon if in fact it turns out to be a lemon. Publishers will hate the idea because it means they start to lose the ability to hang on to your cash if they're trying to hoodwink you with unfinished, bug laden games.

It's going to put more pressure on Sony and MS do to the same on their systems.

Comment

They've said that they consider refunding a game you've bought and then purchasing it again in a sale abuse of the system.

Comment

Not according to their T&Cs

Originally posted by Value
              Abuse
              Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                They will alter the deal....prey they do not alter it any further :P (kudos if you get the reference)

Comment

Though the Steam Refund system is for purchases made within the last 14 days I read that as it's new they will consider request for purchases made within the last 6 months so decided I'd comb through my purchases to put a request in for anything that I'd regretted buying either due to its build, level of fun etc

It took a few days but I finally got a response and all the requests have been granted The funds apparently take up to 7 days to come through but nice that it worked

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    I totally misread that Do not part as DO

Comment

This GOG sale's turning out pretty good. I just picked up I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream for 69p and Raiden III for ?1.69.

Comment

One dev is having a hard time due to the refund policy

Several sites are reporting that once again the latest Steam sale details have leaked and that the Summer Sale will begin this Thursday

Comment

Remember, Steam Summer Sale in less than 10 minutes time...

Comment

^ Only game gonna be played here is the 'Backlog Challenge': how high can you try?!

Comment

Both Metro Redux versions for ?6 combined is a steal so I picked that up. Also got Receiver for ?2, a cool looking wee game that simulates gun mechanics more than any other game I've seen. And I also got Chivalry for ?3, played it for like 10 minutes before and seemed really interesting concept that hasn't been explored in many games so worth a punt!

Got my eye on many many more games though.

Comment

Yeah man Chivalry is one of the best games of the last few years, on any platform!

Comment

Working...
                                X