No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone who doesn't own il-2 sturmovic cliffs of Dover let me know if steam are still allowing you to buy it? Thanks

Comment

Yes you can still buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Can someone who doesn't own il-2 sturmovic cliffs of Dover let me know if steam are still allowing you to buy it? Thanks
        For €9,99.

Comment

It's been broken for years, support dropped a long time ago and will not even launch, for anyone yet can still be bought. That's just wrong.

Thanks for checking chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
            Good article on 21:9 monitor gaming over on Eurogamer

Perhaps it's down to the sheer amount of 4K benchmarking we've done and the whole question of just how important resolu…

Wow

And so retro gamers don't feel left out...

I jumped onboard with 16:10 early and modding all those games to output widescreen and then putting up with a stretched hud became a pain. Yes it looks stunning, but until devs start making the huds to fit that resolution it's not worth it.

My next upgrade monitor wise will be 144hz and 2560x1440. Beyond that is too much work atm.

Comment

It's been broken for years, support dropped a long time ago and will not even launch, for anyone yet can still be bought. That's just wrong.

Thanks for checking chaps.
              That's not at all uncommon on Steam - plenty of older PC titles are broken on there and goes unmentioned unless you carefully read the review. GoG is a better place to purchase them as they ensure they do work.

Comment

I know it's a pain, but GOG has Il-2 1946 for less than €10, and all their games should run on modern hardware and OS.

Comment

Thanks. Looks like users have kept Cliffs going. INstalling 5 patches at the moment but even the first patch got it going. Bloody PC gaming...

Comment

New on Steam for PC and probably one of next month's PS+ freebies if it gets ported: http://store.steampowered.com/app/359050/

If you need more convincing, here's a review from Arquintox

Originally posted by Arquintox - a steam user who's played it
                    I've played games that are worse...
                    And there is no Uplay, so it's automatically better than a lot of Ubisoft games
                    Last edited by MartyG; 03-09-2015, 21:48.

Comment

On various sites, Dragon Dogma port is on the cards/confirmed for PC... my best game of the last gen, i might actually have to upgrade my 2007 built pc which is now ffxi/media machine.

Comment

Arcana love max coming to steam

Got to say the amount of games coming to steam that i never would have expected really does make me happy
                        Last edited by eastyy; 09-09-2015, 08:11.

Comment

Amnesia Dark descent is free on Steam today

Comment

Hi everyone, this is a big update! :) I wanted to keep my plans for a new game secret until Halloween, but while my teasers have created excitement for some people, they have created some confusion as well, mainly because people don't know if the Five Nights at Freddy's story is over or not. It's very important for me to say again that there will NOT be a Five Nights at Freddy's 5. The story is complete, and the Halloween update and new game will not add to it.

Well, even though it's not the true fifth entry, a fifth Five Nights at Freddy's is inbound

Just announced is Five Nights at Freddy's World. An RPG featuring the variations of the series characters

Comment

I haven't really paid much attention to Phantasma Extend, if it's a decent step up from Shift Extend I might bite

Comment

Working...
                              X