No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited for Anno to get out to make this thread (i wanted to make one after Division 2 was out but i wanted more data). Even though this is small sample and because i am from Europe i will talk about prices in Euros it is obvious that prices went up almost everywhere after 3rd party key sellers...

An Era workers math suggesting that for at least 2 releases Epic Store exclusivity ended up costing consumers more

Comment

This is nice for a 30 minute freebie, for those that liked limbo and the likes.
      Waking up naked in a slaughterhouse, you must escape and travel through a dystopian world to uncover the truth of your origins. Burning Daylight is a sci-fi adventure game, set in a dystopian future with light puzzle elements and environmental storytelling.

Comment

Valve sails its VR ship in well after the storm

Comment

Not prepared to spend £500 on a VR set. I'm definitely not prepared to spend nearly a grand that Valve want on one. I would buy Half Life 3

Comment

Dragonball FighterZ is 75% off in this week's Golden Week sale on Steam. I finally bit at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Not prepared to spend £500 on a VR set. I'm definitely not prepared to spend nearly a grand that Valve want on one. I would buy Half Life 3
              Your not getting Half Life 3, ever. Buy this 1k headset that 2 games will use instead

Comment

I think that's probably for the best, because who really would want a Half Life 3 filled with microtransactions giving you paid for access to a single use portal gun.

Comment

Other than sustaining the Steam Store I do wonder what Valve's ambitions for the company are in future. They largely have nothing of worth on any front in terms of long term plans. All these half arsed hardware releases are dead ends for them and whilst they've milked the likes of TF2, Counter-Strike etc for absolutely ages their playerbase will end one day and there's little to suggest Valve see's software as much of a direction or interest anymore for themselves. They're massive yet feel utterly aimless too.

Comment

Make $billions and have no shareholder control to worry about. Means they can take their time and risk. They did release Artifact which bombed of course. And in Dota and CS:GO they have 2 of the most active games on PC. I do believe they are probably working on engines and new games somewhere.

Comment

Fairly big news breaking on ResetEra that Epic just purchased Psyonix, makers of Rocket League (I couldn't see an RL thread). Rocket League is an UE3 game so this move makes a lot of sense for Epic.

It will be removed from Steam as part of the acquisition, although exactly as to whether that effects matchmaking or future patches for existing users is unknown at this point. I would imagine there is huge value in trying to shift those customers to EGS though.

Comment

That... I don't know. Rocket League isn't a spring chicken game anymore and a new generation is on the way. Seems much more likely that Epic just paid a lot of money for a game they'll soon lose most of the playerbase for.

Comment

Epic probably already have dev kits and some resources working on next-gen ports of Fortnite, or at the very least have the capability to. And that is another synergy between the two. I got the sense RL had a healthy engaged, player base but either way at the very least Epic gains a bunch of talented UE resources that have a history of working very closely with Epic.

Comment

I caved and bought Demon's Tilt last night, and had a couple of quick plays before hitting the sack. Menus are a touch ropey, but in game it seems good! Absolutely no question that their main inspiration is Devil Crash - theming, layout, music etc are all very reminiscent, and this is no bad thing - it's what drew me to it in the first place. With the added visual fidelity and power behind it, there's a lot going on visually at any one time though - it's actually a little disorientating - but I'm hoping I get used to this. Definitely worth checking out if you're hankering for some of that Naxat magic.

Comment

I keep eyeing it but never go through with the purchase. It does look gorgeous.

Comment

Hadn’t heard of that, but now I really want it! Looks great. Sadly my computer doesn’t meet the minimum specs . Hopefully it comes to consoles.

Comment

Working...
                                X