Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mount my ssds the same way

Comment

I couldn't tell if it was an ssd or just a 2.5" mechanical drive.

Comment

The position of those screws is a dead give away.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I tend to avoid LEDs like the plague. I guess most of you don't keep your PC in your bedrooms though.
          Lol yup, this one is in the game/man cave room. Meant to get these LED's installed over the weekend, instead I went out and spent the whole weekend recovering...

Comment

The rumour has circulated for a while, but it looks like Windows 9 will be available free to owners of Windows 8.

I don't know if this is true but apparently there's rumbles Microsoft will automatically upgrade Windows 8 users to Windows 9 for free upon its release.

Comment

I couldn't find a place to mount the SSD plus the SATA cable was too short so I just left it as it is... It's only fallen out once after the PC took a little "knock."

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I'd be more concerned about his CPU cooling exhausting hot air onto his GPU.
              I wasn't aware this could be an issue... How would I go about sorting it out?

I seriously need to get a can of air and sort it all out. Also wondering if I should just build up a new one from scratch or upgrade.

Comment

What spec are the bits you have already shaffy? (CPU/GPU/Memory etc)

Comment

AMD Phenom II 1090T 3.2ghz
                  GTX 460 1GB
                  4GB < the part where I ran out of money...

I can't recall what the rest is... I think it's a thermaltake 1000W PSU.
                  Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 30-09-2014, 10:59.

Comment

Not too clued up on AMD motherboards and socket types sorry, but I'm sure an upgrade would suffice rather than starting from scratch.

Speedy or someone should be able to make some suggestions.

Comment

CPU is fine. Up your RAM to 8GB (or more if cost effective). GPU is kinda ok too, not far off my old 6870, which ran everything fine, just not maxed out obviously. For gaming I reckon RAM and GPU are your priorities still.

Comment

Shadow of Mordor benchmark video, average of 73fps at max settings etc

Comment

occasional dip down to 42
                          FAIL!

Comment

That's what you get going for max settings - or poor optimisation. Nice looking benchmark though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              CPU is fine. Up your RAM to 8GB (or more if cost effective). GPU is kinda ok too, not far off my old 6870, which ran everything fine, just not maxed out obviously. For gaming I reckon RAM and GPU are your priorities still.
                              Yeah, up to 8GB and possibly get a new GPU too if you want more gaming power.

Comment

Are there no AA settings in game? It looks like it has very little turned on in that benchmark.

Comment

Working...
                                X