Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total War: Shogun 2 is going free

Comment

My favourite Total War game, get on it! Put Ninjas on the roads bordering your lands to stop the monks getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Typical! I literally only bought that game about 7 years ago and now it’s free.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Typical! I literally only bought that game about 7 years ago and now it’s free.
          Absolutely disgusting. Completely anti consumer, everyone boycott this free game and bombard the dev with childish vitriol!

Guna grab this later when i have time 🙂

Comment

Ty, will grab later.

I didn't read the link at all and went looking on Steam. I hadn't realised just how many Total War games there are now. 14 since 2000 - not including spin-offs and 1 due at some point in 2020. Wowsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I went to grab it and realised it's already in my library

Comment

Taken from Resetera; official joypad support in WoW coming. Although ideally the UI would completely need to be redone, possibly even the controls or hotbar. But anyway quite neat.

Comment

Watching WOW or seeing an update on it feels like I've travelled back in time. I forget it's still a going concern as it feels like a game from when some of its players would have their own Geocities fan pages.

Comment

You could say that of Runescape or a few these old, still around games. I mean Guild Wars 1 just has an update even if it's not comparable.

Subscribers numbers might be relatively low (compared to its peak) but there is still huge interest in WoW. You only need to see it's engagement numbers on Reddit or Twitch. Shadowlands will see a peak of interest again.

I didn't play WoW until '07 so joined during The Burning Crusade. Loved the game but had been playing a lot of Xbox 360 at the time and remember asking my WoW-addicted friend if I could use a joypad...he didn't stop laughing for a few mins! Yet ironically a significant percentage of MMOs/similar Live Services (TESO, BDO, Tera, DC:U, Warframe or PoE etc.) all support joypads as a given. Interesting how times change.

Comment

I geniunely didn't know Runescape was still going too. Presumably they're at a point where it's easy to maintain consistent profits for low costs and that's why there's been no new incarnations - that and the peak wave for the genre having passed

Comment

Runescape has constant updates. Apparently over 280,000,000 accounts on Runescape. I don't think it's a case of small profits as Jagex has a smallish employee base (350 something). In other words still a very healthy, popular online game with solid profit margins.

Comment

I can't imagine playing a game for that many years, there's way too much out there. That being said that's the same with anything that goes above 120hrs for me

Comment

I've racked up a lot of hours in some games, but Runescape isn't one of them. It always looked a bit rubbish although I realised that's an irrational view. I bounced off WoW BFA and therefore the magic is low so I'm rather hoping I don't have any temptation to try out Shadowlands.

Comment

FFXI was built around the pad so it can work really well, though in since the PS2/3/360 versions had been shutdown and PC was the only place to play it(still) alot of the modding scripts and dual-boxing requiring keyboard shortcuts, so it swung form pads to mainly Keyboard users... of the 15 odd people i play with still only 2 others and myself still use a pad, with discord sorting out communication.

Comment

There's absolutely no chance anyone can be competitive at PvP using a control pad for WoW. Each and every one of those skills (around 50+ for a Warlock) need binding to a key or a ctrl/shift/alt modifier for instant access, and that's not counting space for any macros or other shortcuts.

You can't just take your time and cycle throw a batched drop down with the shoulder buttons or with some kind of command wheel toggle. It's wildly different to FFXI, and multitudes more responsive at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X