No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's comparing apples and oranges though isn't it.

You can't single out game pass and it's subscriber requirement to be profitable as a digital only platform without first merging in the other methods of games ownership in that ecosystem which still includes physical retail and digital purchases.

It's completely different in that regard.

Comment

That aspect is but I guess if Xbox makes X amount in profit we also can't take it as Game Pass is the contributing factor. It's all very muddied due to the massive amount of bleed over between hardware, physical, digital, XBL and GP but when the scale of investment, expansion and (as Epic has now shown) money being used for exclusivity of titles or attracting notable titles then the income doesn't stand a chance of off setting it. Based on how much profit PlayStation and Nintendo make each year, given the costs of hardware launches-software development-acquisitions-XCloud upgrading etc it seems easy to say it'd take years of Game Pass profitability just to offset 2021's division costs.

Comment

An introduction to Nanite, Unreal Engine 5's microtriangle/one-triangle-per-pixel technology.
        It does look impressive, I wonder if other engines will have something similar in the future.

Comment

I just checked and I'm still getting free Game Pass. It'd be great if anything could hold my attention for more than 15 minutes before getting deleted.

Comment

I've played and completed a good 25 games in game pass since it began, last being Maneater last month.

I'm currently about to finish Deaths Door which isn't in game pass but was £14 and worth every penny. That's also on PC and comes highly recommended. Brilliant little Zelda type title.

I'm also about to then go back to The Ascent (played an hour just to take a look) and Omno which is a great relaxing indie. You've then got an explosion of titles hitting game pass this month such as Hades, Psychonauts 2, 12 Minutes, Art of Rally etc...

It's been fairly pedestrian on game pass the first half of the year but I feel its really picking up in the second half.

Comment

After 10 years Squad have ended development of Kerbal Space Programme. After the upcoming update they will move fully onto development of Kerbal Space Programme 2

Comment

Been watching the 3d realms deep 2021 stream and got to say was a pretty impressive stream especially if you like FPS games they were showing sooo many as well as some other types of games to

Comment

Intel have presented their GPU technology, alongside their version of DLSS/upscaling, which looks pretty impressive...and also able to work on all GPUs with Tensor cores, therefore including recent nVidia cards.

Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 19-08-2021, 15:15.

Comment

Have Noctua fans in your PC and always wished for GPUs to feature the brand's distinct and very classy brown colour scheme?
                    Asus have got you covered with a RTX 370 featuring two Noctua fans and colour-match branding.

Comment

melty blood type lumina was released on steam yesterday https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...D_TYPE_LUMINA/

Comment

Anyone tempted to pick up the Alan Wake remaster?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Have Noctua fans in your PC and always wished for GPUs to feature the brand's distinct and very classy brown colour scheme?
                          Asus have got you covered with a RTX 370 featuring two Noctua fans and colour-match branding.

https://wccftech.com/asus-geforce-rt...tion-pictured/
                          Much brown!

Comment

Huge part of me wants to build a sleeper pc in the full brown glory of noctua

Comment

I've always loved the Noctua colours but I've never been able to justify spending on £25 fans.

Comment

£25? Your Google Foo is weak: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products...t=price&page=1

Plus Noctua fans don't start making whining sounds after 4 months, so they work out better value in the long run anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X