The Infinite Wisdom of Kamiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Infinite Wisdom of Kamiya

This video and article combo has been doing the rounds on Twitter and is pretty good.

Cool video with the main man Hideki Kamiya.

Also a big ol' article about him and his games on IGN.

I really enjoy this man's games and his attitude. He does things his own way and creates the games he wants to.

As a young man he was a total bad ass.

Always been a fan, and have seen numerous pics before of some of his home setup, but seeing it in full is super impressive. Rockin' that Ninja Warriors/Darius 3 monitor setup! I love absolutely every game that he's directed, and it's great to hear him talk more about some of his design philosophy - it explains a lot, too.

Comment

I proper bum him, me. Even before I knew who he was I'd been bumming his stuff.

Comment

He has a pretty stellar track record as a director:

-Resident Evil 2
        -Devil May Cry
        -Viewtiful Joe
        -Okami
        -Bayonetta
        -The Wonderful 101

That is six absolute classics right there.

And then he's contributed to a bunch of other great stuff as well.

Certainly one of the most talented people in the entire industry and among there with people like Miyamoto, Mikami and Kojima as a game designer.
        Last edited by Guts; 16-09-2014, 14:07.

Comment

He looks like some kind of Henchman from Shenmue in that picture

Comment

Kamiya is the man. Great video that I saw thanks to fuse on Twitter.

Comment

yeah really enjoyed the vid and his track record is amazing! Shame thus far I haven't gotten into Bayonetta, but looking forward to giving it another bash on Wii U next month...

Comment

Working...
              X