Shadow Warrior remake (PS4) - already out on Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Warrior remake (PS4) - already out on Steam

Couldn't find a thread but this is looking decent, out this Autumn, don't really remember the original version back in 1997 to be honest.
    Will be 1080p/60fps before anyone asks.

Originally posted by Google
    Shadow Warrior is reimagining of 3D Realms' cult classic shooter from developer Flying Wild Hog (Hard Reset) and independent game label Devolver Digital (Serious Sam 3: BFE, Hotline Miami, LUFTRAUSERS)
    Originally posted by PS Blog
    Shadow Warrior is a FPS shooter/slasher that’s going to hit PlayStation 4 this autumn, via PlayStation Store and as a full retail release.

The original Shadow Warrior game was released on 13th May 1997 as a semi-successor to the legendary Duke Nukem 3D game, with over-the-top gore and humor. While developing the new Shadow Warrior – the hardest thing was to keep the old-school feel but also avoid the gameplay from feeling archaic. We wanted the game to be witty, fast-paced and even gorier than the original, while tickling this feel for ‘nostalgia’ with fans of the original game.

Copy and paste from
    Last edited by VR46; 16-09-2014, 12:25.

a quick google turns this up

Shadow Warrior is reimagining of 3D Realms' cult classic shooter from developer Flying Wild Hog (Hard Reset) and independent game label Devolver Digital (Serious Sam 3: BFE, Hotline Miami, LUFTRAUSERS)
    Count me in looks like a bad action movie in video game form. I wonder if this will be a playstation+ game what with it being a budget pc game a bit like outlast. Can hope i suppose, they did say they where gonna try and change up the offerings as it dose seem to all be retro style indie games of late. This could be the breath of fresh air ps+ needs a big dum shooter to appease the indie overload
    Last edited by Lebowski; 16-09-2014, 12:46.

Comment

Can't see it hitting PS+ immediately as it's also a retail disc release.

Will add your Google info to first post ta.

Comment

Got it on PC, it's simple but fun. Needs to be very cheap on console though, not enough to it to warrant a high price. My copy cost ?4...

Comment

Ah yeah most places have it listed as ?30 on ps4 and xbox one, its a budget release if anyone has the rig to run it its a fiver on pc at present lol http://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/Shad...FarjwgodZGwAoQ

Comment

Just ordered this from shopto and its on its way.let the fun commence

Last edited by BIG EDD; 23-10-2014, 10:28.

Comment

That looks a lot of fun!

Comment

Yes Eurogamer reviews sounds quite promising

There are a lot of things I like about Shadow Warrior, Flying Wild Hog's modern reimagining of 3D Realms' ageing, racia…

Comment

Have this already on Steam, it's rather different to the original game but greats fun. Best way to sum it up is Jedi Knight but with katana's and demons lots of demons.

Comment

Two review of 7/10
                    Game seek are selling the ps4 version for ?24-85 but their website wouldn't process my order
                    Paid ?28 off shop to
                    Early reports says it plays like an old school shooter,with loads of secrets and power ups.I'll look forward to its over the top gameplay

Comment

Usual story ps4 1080p and Xbox one 900.More stable frame rate on Sony's machine.Having both machines from launch,the Xbox one is more than competent running these type of games

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                        Having both machines from launch,the Xbox one is more than competent running these type of games
                        if this was the case it would run at 1080p it clearly isn't though. Why would a dev intentionally hobble there own port???

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          if this was the case it would run at 1080p it clearly isn't though. Why would a dev intentionally hobble there own port???
                          Its a conspiracy

Comment

Played 15 mins so far before coming to work but it looks like a whacky old school shooter

Comment

Completed 3 chapters so far.Loads of secrets and money to find through out the level.Graphics are colourful but a little basic at times but that does stop you from having a ball.Anybody who loves old school shooters,loads of secrets,levelling up your character/weapons,over the top cheese and quite a few nob gags,this is the game for you
                              Oh and did I mention the blood and gore

Comment

Working...
                              X