Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
    Didn't realise project spark was out already , is it any good I missed the beta ? And is the conker Dlc up yet ? Cheers
    It's currently free to play so it's worth having a play around with it. Some interesting stuff out there already. Ghouls and Ghosts style games, Shmups. It's a really well done construction kit.

Here's some really good tutorials:

Comment

Giant Bomb quick look on Killer Instinct Season 2, Lots of great questions answered about this upcoming seasons content:
      Dave Lang showed up with a wrecking ball, jackhammer, arcade sticks, some guy named Jebailey, and... Eric Pope?

And one of my favourite games of the year PvZ Garden Warfare is the latest game added to the EA Access vault. Crazy value for what the ?20 a year sub gets you now.

EA Access members can already play some of the best EA games on Xbox One, and today that list gets even better. And ... weirder. 

Also Volgarr the Viking has passed certification and should be the latest id@xbox game available soon. It's a fantastic old school hard as nails hack n slash.

Comment

Any recommendations on a headset for the bone? 5.1 preferably

Comment

What's your budget? The Turtle Beach PX4's seem to be very popular over on reddit.

Comment

Hmmmn, the price is probably at the max level i would go to. Are they compatible with the bone though? I see a set, but only for the ps4???

Comment

For those not in the beta, October update is rolling out now.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmonkey View Post
                Hmmmn, the price is probably at the max level i would go to. Are they compatible with the bone though? I see a set, but only for the ps4???
                Yep 100% compatible.

Comment

Legend of Korra is up for preorder on the xbox store. As it's a Platinum game I know it will be a quality effort, but has anyone read anything about how long it is? It's ?11.99 and published by Activision, so I'm expecting it to be 5 hours max.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    For those not in the beta, October update is rolling out now.
                    MKV via DLNA??? Never thought I'd see that. I wonder if that will bring the container any more popularity outside of dodgy downloads.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 16-10-2014, 13:39.

Comment

What is DLNA? I stream MKV and other video files from my PC to the one using TV Versity. It's a program hosted on the PC that will let anyother device on the same network stream anything (music, video, images) from the PC. There's no setting up either. My XBOX one instantly found my PC and connects. Pretty handy software really. I use it with my 360, Android phone and tablet too.

Comment

DLNA is basically a standarised format for streaming data efficiently over a home network that supports a huge amount of various file types.

A couple of webpages people might not be aware of:

First of all is an immediate price comparison site which always shows the ten best prices from various online stores for buying Xbox One games on disc:

And the second is a page that shows the cheapest price for digital games over all of the various countries digital stores:

Comment

Plex is now out as well but subscriber only at present. I have to say, it's absolutely bloody awesome. Cannot fault the app at all.

When it finally goes free get it and all your media streaming woes are over. I believe it's also out on 360 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            What is DLNA? I stream MKV and other video files from my PC to the one using TV Versity. It's a program hosted on the PC that will let anyother device on the same network stream anything (music, video, images) from the PC. There's no setting up either. My XBOX one instantly found my PC and connects. Pretty handy software really. I use it with my 360, Android phone and tablet too.
                            How do you actually watch a film? There's no browser app on the xbone?

Currently with DLNA, I have to find the file on my PC and right click on it / play to xboxOS and then it plays.

I have a paid version of TVersity, but I uninstalled it after I realised it wasn't needed on the Xbox360 which can browse shared folders fine.

Comment

Anyone else's update taking forever? talking almost an hour to do 55% so far, speedtested the line and it's fine.
                              Wish I had started it ages ago while eating dinner instead now

Thanks for those two site links Kron, HotUKDeals is always worth a check price wise, Xbox One deals, sorted by post date:

Used to use www.find-game.co.uk a lot in years gone by, don't know how good it is nowadays mind you.
                              Last edited by VR46; 16-10-2014, 20:39.

Comment

Went in 5 mins for me. It got stuck with 55MB to go for about 60 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X