No announcement yet.

Xbox One : Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierdness turning on my One the other day. It wouldn't power on - like it was stuck in sleep mode. I know mine has a dicky fan in it as well, but whilst playing Ori it powered off, then played silly buggers for about another 30 minutes before stablising. Bloody warranty runs out in March so if it's going to go I want it to go now so I can get a replacement...

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
      Wierdness turning on my One the other day. It wouldn't power on - like it was stuck in sleep mode. I know mine has a dicky fan in it as well, but whilst playing Ori it powered off, then played silly buggers for about another 30 minutes before stablising. Bloody warranty runs out in March so if it's going to go I want it to go now so I can get a replacement...
      Were you in the dashboard preview program?

Comment

Nope!

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Were you in the dashboard preview program?

Comment

I would complain to them that you are having frequent problems with exactly what you describe. You will have to jump through some hoops but you may be able to get a replacement refurb machine which should (hopefully!) be more reliable.

Comment

UPDATE 10/9/16 3:00pm: Full analysis added for Bayonetta, Forza Horizon, Mirror's Edge, COD2, Red Dead Redemption and t…

Digital Foundry assess the B/C support

Comment

UPDATE 22/1/15 11.15am: Microsoft has now set new back-compat title The Witcher 2 as free to download in the UK.Xbox 36…

Ten more games added for January to b/c

Comment

Guess I'm the only person excited about Jeremy McGrath's Offroad! Crazy choices. Gives you hope that they might wrap crazy stuff like Raiden Fighters.

Comment

They've said that they won't be waiting for monthly releases now and that they will just release them as they become ready

Comment

soul calibur on xbox 360?

Comment

Yes, the original game came to XBLA

Anyway, I've been continuing to carefully observe and catalog the games that I believe are being tested, here is my master sheet

BC List Title,Found,Announced,Days found early,X ENHANCED,Port/Remake,Preorder bonus Port Royale 3,29/01/2019,31/01/2019,2,This is my master list of Backward compatible Xbox one games. I use a combination of techniques and observations to find games that exist in the Xbox Live infrastructure. Th...

Comment

I've been quite happy with the titles MS has brought back from 360 so far, I caned last gen so there isn't much I'd revisit now. Pretty much just waiting on Burnout Paradise, Forza Horizon and Red Dead Redemption so nice to see them on your list, hopefully they make it out down the line.

Comment

Would love Lost odyssey/blue dragon and guardian heroes to come to backward compatibility and since they are microsoft funded games should not be any problems....well until the multi disc thing is sorted

Comment

I was wondering about the multi-disc issue. If we assume a scenario where MS doesn't find a way to work around it, am I right in thinking the chances of them releasing support for a game in digital form only are quite low?

The digital version removes the multi-disc issue completely but I'm assuming MS would think things would get too confusing if some games support disc release and some don't.

Comment

They are all digital aren't they? You may use the disc but it still downloads the whole game from Live and just uses the disc for verification. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                They are all digital aren't they? You may use the disc but it still downloads the whole game from Live and just uses the disc for verification. Right?
                                Spot on.

From that article:
                                However, whether your game is on disc or available digitally, each game must be downloaded from Xbox Live. This is due to the fact that each download includes an Xbox One specific package containing files necessary for operation - the package acts as a wrapper allowing in to function within the Xbox One interface.

Comment

Working...
                                X