Tokyo Game Show 2014 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokyo Game Show 2014 thread

Anyone going? I'll be there on Saturday with a few mates.

It's my first TGS so I'm excited!

Looking forward to seeing MGS5 and other stuff. One of my mates will be wearing an Akuma costume.

Was I the only one that went? Or is all TGS-related info in the relevant game's thread?

Comment

Top three games and top three things you saw, please!

Comment

It's a massive shame but the sense is that TGS's importance on the gaming calendar is minimal these days. Any decent looking current gen stuff on the way? Seems the more likely gen to get that stuff whilst next gen gets MGS etc

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          Anyone going? I'll be there on Saturday with a few mates.

It's my first TGS so I'm excited!

Looking forward to seeing MGS5 and other stuff. One of my mates will be wearing an Akuma costume.
          I have been twice really enjoyed it. Hope you had fun. What was the most impressive thing you saw?

Comment

Top Three Games

1) MGS5. Worth it just for that session.
            2) the other trailer for Silent Hills(huge hand!).
            3) toss-up between Final Fantasy 15(or type Zero, I can't remember) and EDF because both had huge monster bosses. I've never played EDF but a video of a huge robot fighting a huge Godzilla-sized monster was lovely.

Top Three Things:

1) Confiscation boxes at security on the way in. Full of pen knives from cosplayers. Looked like a US ghetto school entrance
            2) The sheep hanging from a balloon at the konami booth.
            3) The Onechanbara tits booth.

I doubt I'll go again but I can cross it off the list, now. It was mostly games I'm not interested in or wouldn't care to queue for hours to sample even if I was. That's not a dig at TGS itself, though.

Comment

Top Three Games

1) MGS5. Worth it just for that session.
              2) the other trailer for Silent Hills(huge hand!).
              3) toss-up between Final Fantasy 15(or type Zero, I can't remember) and EDF because both had huge monster bosses. I've never played EDF but a video of a huge robot fighting a huge Godzilla-sized monster was lovely.

Top Three Things:

1) Confiscation boxes at security on the way in. Full of pen knives from cosplayers. Looked like a US ghetto school entrance
              2) The sheep hanging from a balloon at the konami booth.
              3) The Onechanbara tits booth.

I doubt I'll go again but I can cross it off the list, now. It was mostly games I'm not interested in or wouldn't care to queue for hours to sample even if I was. That's not a dig at TGS itself, though.
              Cheers for the list bet Metal Gear stuff was amazed NG to see there, will have a look at some stuff you mentioned. Ye definitely good to say you have done that. Great experience but ye the lines were really long too for me. Hear E3 is worse queue wise. Some people apparently queue for 4 hours for TGS Monster Hunter hats off to those very patient people.
              Last edited by JU!; 22-09-2014, 18:33.

Comment

Oh and as for most impressive, I think the xbox booth. It was packed! I didn't see much of what they had on display(CoD, halo master chief collection and Forza horizon 2) but I was expecting it to be dead.

Comment

Oh and as for most impressive, I think the xbox booth. It was packed! I didn't see much of what they had on display(CoD, halo master chief collection and Forza horizon 2) but I was expecting it to be dead.
                  That's great to hear. Maybe there's still some hope for the system. To be honest the day one sales were bad because Microsoft did sweet FA to even let people know it was on sale. Not a bloody thing was shown in any of the stores I went to.

Comment

Depends where in Japan you live i guess, from what i saw from the launch pics online there were some big displays out just nobody buying them. To go from a launch day total of 25.764 which was bad enough down to selling just 3015 consoles the following week is appauling. Hope Microsoft have some powerful wizards as it's going to take some serious magic to revive that corpse.

It needs games badly & lots of them.

Comment

All those Internet stories are BS. Take it from someone who's lives here. We also had the big store gates but they only went up a day or two before the launch. Other than that there was no in store POS, no TV or radio adds and no promotional leaflets. Microsoft did sweet FA. The only reason I know of the release date is because of the add on the 360 home screen.

Comment

Microsoft do not care about Japan. They are in the privileged position of having so much money that they can afford to not lose face by not bothering to release Xbox One in Japan but they don't expect to make some kind of miraculous turnaround there. Japan's not that important anymore anyway judging by Sony's delayed release of the PS4 in their home territory. I'm not saying any of this is a good thing BTW; I'd like to see Japan be the centre of the current console battle. My most anticipated game is Bloodborne.

Comment

The Japanese market is just as horribly casual as ours is. MS don't need to even release the console there really.

Comment

Still, at least in Japan we do have the online stuff. Some countries still don't. Also nice to see quite a few Japanese xbox one exclusive titles at the TGS this year.

Comment

TGS is all about booth babes. No photos = thread over.

2004 was the best, with the PSP coming out soon and the DS having just released. Although the Tecmo Koei girls in 2007 were some of the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X