X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Stupid.
    This is Nintendo.

Comment

Was a pretty fast download for me, got back from Tesco and set it downloading, which took the time to unpack the shopping and it's installing now.

I'll be playing Bayonetta 2 in "under 1 min.", what a pleasant surprise that's turned out to be on an otherwise rubbish day!

Comment

Will set it all going soon as I get home! Looking forward to impressions on here.

Comment

WOW! Maybe I just didn't give the first game a fair chance because I played it at a time when so much else was coming out but this is amazing.

Aesthetically it looks a lot bolder and more interesting than I remember the first game being (textures, colours, environments) and switching between the guns and the whips feels a lot more like a real tactical option. I probably still have to play a lot more of the game to fully appreciate the technical side of it and as I say I didn't really buy into the first game all that much but this feels to me a lot more "in control", even the QTEs are quite satisfying. Literally my only criticism is that playing on the Gamepad might get a bit annoying/worrying re: breakages with such a frantic game.

This game definitely just went from "well there's nothing else coming out until MK8 DLC" to "looking forward to this more than Smash Bros.".
          Last edited by Pikate; 09-10-2014, 16:00.

Comment

Oooh, that reminds me. I need to get a pro pad for this. There's no way I can use the gamepad for a game like this.

EDIT: Classic Controller Pro support is present apparently but that's a horrible mess and when I played MK8 like this it kept pausing the game.
            Found that info here: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/05...ontroller-pro/

The comments sum up the very worst the internet has to offer.

EDIT2: No pro controllers in stock at Argos, Game, Amazon (UK or US), Shopto, Zavvi, or Gameseek. JESUS ****ING CHRIST NINTENDO. You actually just really don't care anymore.
            Last edited by Brad; 09-10-2014, 16:33.

Comment

Bah, it's just the E3 demo.

Got a Gold playing through it just now. Pretty nice to play it in my own house I guess?

Shame it only gives you 15 individual sessions. Didn't really feel the GamePad to be limiting this time, maybe I won't bother with a Pro Controller after all.

Umbran Climaxes aside the gameplay is pretty much exactly the same as the first. According to the Edge review it is a lot more colourful than the first game which makes it seem like the idea kind of game to be on a Nintendo platform. They've removed the annoying QTEs too (the ones where you have to make sure the timing is right, I assume) which isn't demonstrated in this demo but is nice to hear.

I'm looking forward to getting stuck in with new longbow and axe weapons myself.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 09-10-2014, 16:22.

Comment

Downloaded this earlier looking forward to giving it ago. For now I'm hitting mass effect 3, enjoyed the first two so looking forward to finishing the trilogy off.

Question. Is there any way to increase the volume that's outputted through the gamepad? Seems awefuly quiet even through headphones, almost like a limiter is on I can't find.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  You're mad if you think anyone that owns a Wii U gives a crap about Watch_Dogs kryss.
                  I've been holding out for the Wii U version. I can't wait for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    EDIT2: No pro controllers in stock at Argos, Game, Amazon (UK or US), Shopto, Zavvi, or Gameseek. JESUS ****ING CHRIST NINTENDO. You actually just really don't care anymore.

Amazon sellers have it.
                    Last edited by Guts; 10-10-2014, 09:19.

Comment

Thanks but I don't really trust the resellers on things like this, always imagine I'll get some fake controller.

Comment

Seems your best bet currently is ordering from Asia, it seems.

MK8 is the reason for the shortage of these for sure.

Comment

This comes recommended:

It's cheaper, in stock, and has a switch to make it a wii u pro controller, or a wii controller for Wii games. It's third party, but it's quite a good pad actually- lesser battery life than the official one- but still around 20-25 hours on full charge.

I've got one myself, and I can recommend it. Played MK8 with it without trouble, and got golds on Bayonetta with it on my first try- meaning it's about as good as I could expect.

Build quality is good, and it feels like a 360 controller. The L and R bumpers are a little clicky, but that's the only downside so far. The L and R triggers are great though. D pad is a little stiff, but not sure if that's because it's new.

+Cheaper
                          +more functionality
                          - less battery life
                          - unofficial

Recommended by me!

EDIT- you need to make sure it's the newest revision- you can tell by the stock on the front- if it says about Call of Duty Black ops 2, it's the old one that isn't as good- if it's the new one the sticker will say it's got a mode whose touch between controller types.

Luckily, the seller on Amazon "gamer outlet" is where I bought mine from and was the newest revision. Also I've heard Gioteck have replaced older revisions for free anyway as they have good customer service.

Comment

Nintendo UK will let me buy one direct!

Anyway, loved the demo last night and it actually felt alright on the big old gamepad.

Comment

Check my post above before you order if you haven't already- only because we posted at the same time

Comment

As much as I dislike unofficial pads, those do look pretty cool. If only for the 360-esque layout.

Comment

Working...
                                X