Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starfox should be amazing. Miyamoto isn't a dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Don't you hate the fact that you have multiple control options? Being gamepad only should be up your street.
      Correct. But gyro controls, come on , no way!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
        Starfox should be amazing. Miyamoto isn't a dickhead.
        Nobody on here ever said he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

.... the Gamepad - arguably their worst ever peripheral.
          Don't agree with that at all - fantastic if you have two kids and one tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
            Don't agree with that at all - fantastic if you have two kids and one tv.
            I said arguably.

There is very little that the Gamepad can do that the 3DS cannot do. The New 3DS models are pretty much feature-identical to the GamePad. Why didn't Nintendo just enable Remote Play?

And what is so great about it from a gaming standpoint? Only The Wonderful 101, Super Mario Maker and (at a push) Pikmin 3 make innovative use of the GamePad. No other games do, unless people are really going to start saying that having a map or inventory on a separate screen is some sort of game-changer when it blatantly isn't?
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-03-2016, 07:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              I said arguably.

There is very little that the Gamepad can do that the 3DS cannot do. The New 3DS models are pretty much feature-identical to the GamePad. Why didn't Nintendo just enable Remote Play?

And what is so great about it from a gaming standpoint? Only The Wonderful 101, Super Mario Maker and (at a push) Pikmin 3 make innovative use of the GamePad. No other games do, unless people are really going to start saying that having a map or inventory on a separate screen is some sort of game-changer when it blatantly isn't?
              I was a ney sayer of the gamepad at the start, after getting a wiiu however I found myself using it all the time for off screen play. The functionality could of been a smartphone app or on the 3ds however to save manufacturing costs.

Comment

Yeah whilst the kids are watching their telly I can smash a bit of wave race or Mario kart 64 sitting in the living room with them

Excellent device for me

Comment

Splatoon makes use of it too, with superior gyro controls to boot. Literally no one goes back to dual sticks after about 20mins with the gyro. There's also the Inkstrike deployment, there's no way you could quickly rig that to a cursor over an overlaid map, it'd be far too clumsy. After a while learning the maps you don't even need to look where to press the screen.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 06-03-2016, 08:04.

Comment

right I will give StarFox a go with the gyro controls and see how I get on - pre order done.

My love is still for Stafox Super Famicom (?125 when I bought it from Console Concepts!).

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      Yeah whilst the kids are watching their telly I can smash a bit of wave race or Mario kart 64 sitting in the living room with them
                      If the range was good that would be a nice feature . I've only got to go to another room and the signal drops out.

Comment

Why would you want to leave your children unsupervised

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                          Why would you want to leave your children unsupervised
                          Depends on the age .

Comment

Off TV play is a good feature. I don't have children and live alone so I only occasionally use it in bed, but I can see how it would be a godsend if you have kids.

I find the gamepad streaming way smoother and responsive than PS4 -> PSV I must say. The only fly in the ointment is that the gamepad screen is a bit naff.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Off TV play is a good feature.
                              It would have been if it had the range. The moment you you leave the room where the Wii U is , or go upstairs the single drops out. At least with the Vita you can use the remote play at any room in the house

Comment

Yeah, but to use the Vita you have to BUY the Vita.

Comment

Working...
                                X