The tomorrow children PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tomorrow children PS4

This sounds very interesting kind of like Minecraft with missions, bosses, and more of a social aspect to it. The alpha is incoming on the psn beta trials and strangely there is no NDA so expect there to be tons of info incoming for this. Maybe Sony are trying to generate buzz with the alpha but the style and setting look very intriguing. The trailer below is all the ingame engine too.

Last edited by Lebowski; 28-10-2014, 09:47.

Looks amazing!

Comment

That's "next-gen" graphics, right there.

I was reading in Edge that the design is influenced by The Prisoner and 2001.

Winner!

Comment

the Edge right up is pretty good really looking forward to the alpha. Taking a boss down then mining his head for rare materials whats not to like. these materials Then all gos towards making your lovely communist city great. The job system sounds good too getting paid for bringing back rare resource that in turn give you access to better weapons and equipment and also build up your city.

I found it funny that they got a lot of stick for releasing a CGI trailer when the above trailer is if the devs are to be believed all in engine and how the game will look.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 28-10-2014, 14:54.

Comment

It's definitely in game, theres a 40 min video of gameplay here:

Video via: http://twitch.tv/raptr/b/581462160http://gematsu.com/tag/the-tomorrow-childrenhttp://gematsu.com/gallery/the-tomorrow-childrenThe Tomorrow Childre...

Edge made a great point though, saying this will most likely require a hell of alot of explanation before it clicks. I currently think it looks stunningly beautiful, but aside from that, it really doesn't appeal to me as yet.

Comment

Loads of gameplay videos from the Alpha test here

Comment

its a weird game not sure its my thing its like playing C&C as one of the grunts, as its not about your individual progress its about your contribution to your town, you mine and collect resources, defend from monsters and can then spend resources to build stuff for the town, things like defensive turrets to help with monster attacks and more roads so you can explore further islands quicker, you know like C&C, its all about contributing to your town to build it and make it better.

its like a Russian communism simulator and im not sure i like the progression model you could spend ages mining stuff to build towards a new turret system to find someone has spent all the towns resources on a road or something you didn't want to build, i'm a bit unsure how much time id put into it as it all seems a bit pointless. if it wasn't for the character levelling by reporting on what you have done at the town hall it would feel like you weren't getting anywhere.

It's a very odd game and at the same time very unique one too, this could do with a bit more of an explanation on the different mechanics a tutorial that takes you through resource defence and building would be helpful, as at present it just dumps you in a game world and leaves you to it.

Comment

Working...
              X