Battlefield 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 5

EA has confirmed that the Battlefield 5 is targeting a release of Christmas 2016. This means it arrives a full 20 months on average after Hardline and 3 years after BF4. The added dev time is no doubt to try and avoid the issues that plagued BF4's release. It'll be interesting to see what DICE come up with for the next game as it'll be the first not to be hampered by PS3/X360 versions.

Good move, BF4 left me a bit cold for the first time with this series, was like a luke warm expansion for BF3.

Comment

Well, they're also cramming in Star Wars for Xmas 2015, so they're perhaps not giving themselves that much time not to make another total mess of BF.

Comment

Sounds like a good timescale to me. Whilst I agree a little about BF3.5 I'm still enjoying it.

Comment

Latest EA chatter has the game still on schedule. Hopefully Battlefront hasn't strained resources away. It worries me a bit at times how thin DICE gets spread, especially after the BF4 launch debacle

Comment

I would take a super polished and refined Battlefield 5 over the 2 or 3 deviations they've made to the series since Battlefield 4's release.

Looking forward to the E3 2016 reveal then, I guess!

Comment

How are they going to improve on BF4? It started off pretty poor, but it's pretty much perfection now.

Comment

Improved engine to allow more leveluations which disappeared from the DLC on the level of the original maps.

Comment

This is doing the rounds possibly suggesting that BF5 will be set in World War 1

Comment

Great way to get people visiting your shop, whether true or not!

Comment

"Meh, not interested in another one" comment from myself seems to be missing from this thread. I guess when pre-orders go up I'll probably change my tune

Comment

EA has confirmed that its World War II first-person shooter 'Battlefield V' will receive one final major update in June before developer DICE moves on.

The least popular Battlefield in a long time will receive its final key update in June

Comment

Working...
                        X