Mass Effect Trilogy: Legendary Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Effect Trilogy: Legendary Editions

BioWare Edmonton and Montreal boss Aaryn Flynn has discussed the possibility of a re-mastered Mass Effect Trilogy, and …

Not official but seeming to be becoming more likely. Features knocking around would possibly include all three games running back to back, 1080p, 60fps and all DLC integrated from the start. No reworked gameplay mechanics for ME1 though
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 02-02-2021, 22:16.

Explore Mass Effect video games from Electronic Arts, a leading publisher of games for the PC, consoles and mobile.

Launches on 14 May 2021 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and PC

Each of the three games include all of their expansions and DLC including promo items. Each game also has 4K support in addition to new textures, lighting and HDR. The cover version of FemShep is also available across all three entries. Mass Effect 1 now has improved aiming, weapons rebalance, updated SFX, updated controls, amended squad and cover behaviour as well as new gameplay cameras.

Comment

Comment

I’ll be taking the plunge on PS5 or Series X. Never played them so would be a good time in 4K HDR

Comment

If you've never played them then you're in for a treat. The first one probably hasn't aged that well but the back story and different species just suck you in.

The second and most of the third are just bloody brilliant. I think bioware fumbled the ending in the third but to be honest I don't think it was as terrible as people made it out to be and the expanded ending they added helped matters.

100% worth it if you're new to it all though. For me I want it but not sure I have the time to revisit it all.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            If you've never played them then you're in for a treat. The first one probably hasn't aged that well but the back story and different species just suck you in.

The second and most of the third are just bloody brilliant. I think bioware fumbled the ending in the third but to be honest I don't think it was as terrible as people made it out to be and the expanded ending they added helped matters.

100% worth it if you're new to it all though. For me I want it but not sure I have the time to revisit it all.
            Oh man, I remember all the drama about the end of part 3. Bloody Internet drama queens at full force on that one. Personally, I was fine with the ending.

Comment

If it sells well the question is will EA brave a Mass Effect: Andromeda Legendary Edition...

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Oh man, I remember all the drama about the end of part 3. Bloody Internet drama queens at full force on that one. Personally, I was fine with the ending.
                Yeah it was a massive fuss mainly because the fanbase was so ravenous to see a conclusion.

I never even saw the original ending as I parked the game for about half a year and went back to it... Though looking at the original ending in hindsight you have to wonder what they were crying about... The expanded ending is better though.

Mass Effect basically reminds me of Star Wars. The middle piece is the best as the stakes are so high and it ends unfinished and the third part is decent enough but endings always upset some people with high expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  If it sells well the question is will EA brave a Mass Effect: Andromeda Legendary Edition...
                  Following on from my Star Wars comparisons... No they should leave it to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Andromeda is already legendary, not in a good way.

Comment

I'm hoping not all of the environmental do-overs are "more grit + lens flare", but the character improvements certainly seem to be decent. I'm not sure I can really bring myself to replay them all, but I do remember enjoying parts of them a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        I'm hoping not all of the environmental do-overs are "more grit + lens flare", but the character improvements certainly seem to be decent. I'm not sure I can really bring myself to replay them all, but I do remember enjoying parts of them a lot!
                        Same thing here. While I loved all 3 games, do I really want to go through them again? I mean, they're not short games by any means.

Comment

I'd be interested in replaying ME3, only did that one once and it's an experience I've largely forgotten. ME2 was a thing of glory, I've played it more than enough but I could be tempted into one more playthrough. ME1 I'm curious over, particularly as to whether the alterations have finally made it... you know... good.

Comment

The Pinnacle Station DLC from ME1 won't make the cut

Comment

Miranda's lovely butt has been nerfed. No sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X