PTE80: Xbox 360 - Nine Years On...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA! I wondered if anyone would notice!

I just wanted to show the speed of the old dash. It was the first one that came up and you get the idea.

Comment

Stuntman Ignition was such a great game.

Comment

Yeah, great wasn't it?

Not only did you have all the films, but there were challenges, multiplayer games and a stunt construction set.

Comment

This thread is making me want to buy another one, just for exclusives like Sforza 4, Bullet Witch, DoA Extreme 2, those RPGs, Ninety Nine Nights and so on.

Must resist.

Comment

I don't think I've ever really cared for the Xbox systems if I'm honest.

I own a 360 but it was a Xmas 2008 present and I only really ever wanted it for the fact that the vast majority of my other friends had 360s at the time (Funnily enough, very few of them are still using theirs and only one or two of them that I know have made the leap to an XB1).

Something about the generic, totally corporate-manufactured and unnatural feel of the Xbox concept as a whole, imo, means that I've never really warmed to it despite the 360 obviously having great titles (I know you could say the same about Nintendo and Sony offerings to an extent but they obviously have more gaming industry clout as they've been around longer in that sense and have the history to go with it - for me, MS consoles just feel forced in a way that the others don't).

And of course there's no getting away from the fact that the 360 hardware was/is easily the worst of the seventh-generation consoles (though the PS3 and Wii obviously weren't without their problems). I will confess that as the years have progressed my Falcon model console has seen less and less activity so I've never fallen foul of the infamous RRoD, but for a time it seemed like you could have had a small fortune if you had a pound for every time you heard about a 360 console breakdown of some sort.

All that said, I'd be ignorant if I didn't acknowledge how much of an industry game-changer Xbox Live has been (if only Nintendo could do online gaming and digital distribution half or even a fraction as good as MS do!). Although, PSN really isn't that far behind it for online gaming and I don't think it's unfair to say that PS Plus offers more value-for-money than a XBL Gold sub does. I could also look at it and say that the plethora of titles that I haven't played on 360 are now available for dirt-cheap. But where possible, I'd probably just opt to play them on my PS3 instead except for beat-em-ups for some strange reason (again, probably because everybody I know plays or played fighters on the 360 as opposed to the PS3).

I just feel like the 360 draws a line under my time as a consumer of Xbox products. Barring some truly amazing software exclusives/killer apps, I'll most likely be going towards a PS4 instead of XB1. MS's utter arrogance and contempt towards the fans with the whole DRM/used games controversy really killed it off for me in that respect.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-11-2014, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              This thread is making me want to buy another one, just for exclusives like Sforza 4, Bullet Witch, DoA Extreme 2, those RPGs, Ninety Nine Nights and so on.

Must resist.
              I think you should do it.

I never really got on with mine but there are some brilliant games there & as you can get most of them for pennies now it would seem rude not too if you really want to play them

Comment

Will see if I can pick one up cheap after Xmas. New shape slim would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                X