No announcement yet.

The 12 Games of (Before) Christmas 2014 - Collectors Day One Limited Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread ruined for me by QC...am now a Marvel Puzzler full time. Even started reading tactic threads on forums....

Had some insane luck by getting a level 70 female Thor to drop....this let me destroy all comers in the time limited event...came 25th overall and it unlocked me a pile of cards, coins etc so now have a full squad coming along nicely.

Must've played 10hrs now...am even willing to chuck em a few quid for coins as a "thankyou" but have so much stockpiled I don't need to!! Yet.

Comment

Ha ha ha! Great news!

Yeah, I could do with some tactics as I've overtaken my level 15 Thor with my starter Iron Man.

I keep losing the flash rounds too against level 1 players, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong there.

I need coin to get the ball rolling on some tougher quests by getting some rock-hard characters.

Maybe we should start a specific first play thread?

Comment

I vote no to a first play thread...mainly because I forsee me making a series of rambling 3am weeknight posts, where I rattle on about maxing my credit card on hero coins whilst weeping uncontrollably.

As for tactics...tbh mine are mainly based on tanking it with my gang of lucky drop heroes. Few things that work however..though this obviously depends on your luck/spending power....

Pick 3 guys who need different colours for their specials. Also try and be aware of your opponents favourite colours so you can annoy them by stealing them. Pretty much everything in the game can be tapped on for info on what it does or what your enemy prefers too, if you need help knowing what does what. Eg for the love of God don't let Juggarnaut chain reds and greens!

Also join an alliance...there are loads set to public...you can send and receive helper characters plus if your team scores well you get sent loads of coins/iso 8 for ranking up.

Other than that it is standard Columns tactics of trying to chain combos...and being calm whilst the computer does some outrageous cheating!

Also...don't write 5 paragraphs about a FTP app on a gamer forum

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
          Also...don't write 5 paragraphs about a FTP app on a gamer forum
          Guess I should avoid talking about Star Wars Commander then...

Comment

GAME 4: Guacamelee (PSVita)
            Another sale purchase and a worthy $3 or so expended. Love the artstyle, easy to play but not a game to roll over and die easily. Ended up played more than I meant to and almost forgot to cook dinner before work! Sign of a good game in my books. I shall be returning to this in the future! May even go for the PS4 version (is there one? I think there is.) when that gets a discount.

Comment

Not played that in a long time
              I really like the game

Comment

GAME 5: Serious Sam 3 BFE
                Nonsense FPS, but the survival mode is like gaming crack...

GAME 6: Ether Vapor Remaster
                Bullet hell in 2.75D (apparently). Interesting Macross-esque mid-air missile destruction sections.

Comment

Finally started on Red Dead Redemption, which has been in my pile of shame for an eternity.

Comment

Day five was Luftrausers (PS3)
                    Day six was Marvel Puzzle Quest (iPhone)

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
                      Day six was Marvel Puzzle Quest (iPhone)
                      Another addict! Mwaaah ha ha ha haaaaa!

My Iron Man is getting pretty tough, but so are the enemies! :S

Comment

My Iron Man is maxed at lv 50
                        Had a day off today tho...

Comment

Day Seven is The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on Vita and am enjoying it

Comment

GAME 7: Hoard
                            Actually fun when I figured out how to play it.

Comment

I've stopped doing this since I got back on EDF, but we had real life friends over for food on Saturday and we played a brilliant board game called Ca$h 'n' Guns!

The aim of the game is to amass as much loot as possible within the eight rounds.

Everyone decides if they're going to shoot or click an empty gun at their victim and places their "Bang" or "Click" card face down.
                              The best part is that there's a Mexican standoff each round and everybody gets to point their foam guns at each other!

You then have to decide if it's worth risking staying in for the loot or not. The loot of that round is split between the players who didn't get shot or didn't choose to duck out. Loot includes extra lives and extra "Bang" cards, so you can heal yourself or try ot take out more players.

If you stay in and get shot three times, you're out of the game.

The winner is the one with the most loot (and hasn't been shot three times), but you get more for multiple rare paintings or diamonds, so what you decide to grab affects the outcome.

It's great fun and everybody gets it after one round. If you're after an after-dinner party game to play over Christmas, this is a great choice.

Comment

Day Eight was Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the Vita

Comment

Working...
                                X