No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know. Otherwise those crossover games would make no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Good to know. Otherwise those crossover games would make no sense whatsoever.

I think it was just to provide some kind of thematic explanation for why Kyosuke was the only Rival Schools character to show up in Capcom Vs SNK 2, when the majority of the Capcom cast were Street Fighter characters.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        I strongly disagree, he plays very much like Ken. High damage, simple combos. Nothing like Sakura.
        Couldn't disagree more. Sean's Hadouken, Shoryuken and Tatsumaki derivatives simply don't compare to Ken/Ryu/Akuma in any shape or form - for range, priority, damage...you name it. They are all inferior verging on nonexistant.

Sakura is superior. Arguably weaker but has more versatility and is much more well-rounded than Sean could ever be.

Comment

Have you even played Third Strike before Nu-Eclipse? Sean doesn't have good damage? Are you high?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Have you even played Third Strike before Nu-Eclipse? Sean doesn't have good damage? Are you high?
            Note that I didn't say his combos didn't deal high damage (Not that you're one to use hyperbole ever! ).

Just that his standard special moves on their own are poor. You're the one who's high/never played 3S before if you really think that isn't the case.

I stand by what I've said about Sakura being better though - imo, I feel like her specials are more well-rounded than Sean's.

Comment

Two 3S players, both claiming the other has never played 3S?

Comment

Definitely an argument that can only be settled with a bout of Third Strike.

Comment

It's like Mario Kart 8 all over again haha

Comment

Isn't Sean supposed to be the worst character in 3S? I remember reading the discussions on 3S's balance elsewhere and they seem to think everyone was competitive to a degree except for Sean.

Comment

Isn't Sean 3S's Dan?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Isn't Sean 3S's Dan?
                        I've never thought so. Dan is supposed to be a weak joke character as he's Capcom's insult to SNK's Art of Fighting. Speaking of AOF though it's interesting that Ryo and Robert started off with the exact same moveset and then really moved away from each other in subsequent SNK games. I'd like to see them redesign Ken with more different moves and specials. At least they seem to doing that with Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                          I'd like to see them redesign Ken with more different moves and specials. At least they seem to doing that with Charlie.
                          Never gonna happen - Capcom have gone too far down the road with Ken to the point where he is as iconic as Ryu is. The backlash from core SF fans would/could potentially damage the SF brand imo. If was going to happen it would've done so around the SF3 era.

Comment

Interestingly Namco did that with Jin in Tekken 4 then brought back the old version as Devil Jin alongside the new version in Tekken 5. There had been a lot of demand for his original style leading up to T5.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                              Isn't Sean supposed to be the worst character in 3S? I remember reading the discussions on 3S's balance elsewhere and they seem to think everyone was competitive to a degree except for Sean.
                              I thought that honour went to Twelve? Beautifully animated character but absolutely trounced by players in serious matches with other characters.

Nu-Eclipse, weren't Ryu and Ken the most different they could get in SSFII Turbo? Keeping that level of uniqueness for each of them would be fine IMHO. That and maybe redesign Ken's costume (but keep the red colour scheme in there) and I'm sure fans will be fine with him being in the roster.

I mean God, how many redesigns have SNK's Robert, Kyo and Iori had? Many. Terry Bogard and Ryo Sakazaki? Only a couple each but at least they've had some.

Give Ryu a new getup already Capcom. It'd be welcome.
                              Last edited by Paddy; 26-02-2015, 23:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                                Nu-Eclipse, weren't Ryu and Ken the most different they could get in SSFII Turbo? Keeping that level of uniqueness for each of them would be fine IMHO. That and maybe redesign Ken's costume (but keep the red colour scheme in there) and I'm sure fans will be fine with him being in the roster.
                                The changes to Ryu and Ken in SSF2X weren't that major though when you look back at them. Moves were tweaked for sure, but the fundamental way they played remained the same.

And why would Ryu need a new get-up? The white gi and red headband is iconic - they play a considerable part in defining him.

Comment

Working...
                                X