Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I mean God, how many redesigns have SNK's Robert, Kyo and Iori had? Many. Terry Bogard and Ryo Sakazaki? Only a couple each but at least they've had some.
    With the greatest of respect, it's not like SNK/Playmore (*shudder*) have had anything to lose in terms of redesigning the Garou/AOF/KOF characters time and again, certainly nothing like the risks that Capcom are faced with in what they do with SF design.

Pound-for-pound, the SNK characters simply aren't as iconic as the SF characters.

Comment

Probably worth saying that the SNK characters aren't really a good comparison, as very few of them have ever had well-defined sets of moves. They've always changed from game-to-game.

Terry Bogard sometimes has his Power Dunk, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes his super move is the Buster Wolf, sometimes it's the Power Geyser, sometimes it's both. In some games Ryo has a full-on fireball projectile, in some games it's more like Dan's short-range fireball-punch. Kyo changes too, in similar ways. I'm not an expert on SNK, so I can't comment for their full roster, but certainly their main characters vary in this way.

Ken was probably the most different in Capcom VS SNK 2, purely because they gave him Sean's flying axe kick move, though naturally that isn't a mainline Street Fighter title.

Comment

M. Bison, Street Fighter 2's original bad boy, has been revealed for Street Fighter 5 in an all-new gameplay trailer fo…

Bison trailer revealed

Comment

Hate to seem a little down on the video, but if Capcom have any concern people might see this as Street Fighter 4.5, then they're going about this the wrong way.

I still think it looks really similar.

Comment

I think, it'd be good for them to reveal a new character at E3... like brand new, something to really emphasise the freshness of it. Four old characters doesn't help avoid the HD Remaster vibe people have been getting from it. I'm looking forward to it but a bit of 'ooo' wouldn't go amiss.

Comment

They actually changed his look somewhat and given him some new moves for a change. It's about time they did this sort of thing.

Comment

I know this is the SFV thread but I'll post it here anyway. Ultra SF4 on PS4 is confirmed to work with PS3 sticks. Pretty big news.

The PlayStation 4 version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 supports PS3 fight sticks, Sony has announced.In a post on the Play…

Comment

New screens:

Plenty more at

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

The screens are impressive; just moving I still think it looks too much like IV.

Comment

Finally we get to fight in Waterloo station!

Comment

There are some SFV cabinets there wakka?

Comment

No but I will challenge you to a bareknuckle fight in the main concourse. Shall we say Saturday at 12? I'll be wearing a karate gi and standing by Burger King.

Comment

Alright, just let me pop in for a XL bacon double cheese first though yeah?

Comment

Street Fighter 5, the next game in Capcom's brilliant fighting game series, is more evolution than revolution, but when…

Focus system is out and in its place is V-Triggers for each character. They seem to be various parries and buffs that vary per character.

EG says that game isn't as slow as early footage suggested but it is still slower in pace slightly that SF4

Comment

New trailer also

Comment

Working...
                                X