Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
    Sorry to sound naive, but how would i access the beta on ps4? when did beta go live and how long will it last for? Thanks
    For those who have beta questions for U.S players as far as aware they Pre order SFV and get in beta. For us in Euro land (not sure about Asia may be they will get Arcade cabs) a bit more difficult. I had to go to the Beta site a month or two ago sign up for it, put how many SFIV points I had apply and wait.

Beta not running now due to above. Hopefully back up soon Beta will probably run a while I guess near to the game release to help with online bugs plus servers exploding or whatever happened today/yesterday. At least server issue happened now and not on SFV full game release.
    Last edited by JU!; 24-07-2015, 22:59.

Comment

I hope it gets fixed for you all soon.

I am gutted i missed the sign up window

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
        I hope it gets fixed for you all soon.

I am gutted i missed the sign up window
        Yes I guess Monday Capcom will look into deeper I predict they might try the Beta again on Friday. Seems they would want it up to get data so no help to Capacom either if servers are down.

It does seem some managed to play and others got lag Happy Console Gamer seemed to get into the training part in You Tube while others who networked got heaps of lag.

Comment

Will this outage last until next Sunday? It's just that I've just left for my hols. I was hoping to get a weekend of beta action in before I went [emoji22]

I think the game looks ace. Really looking forward to it. Loved the competitions we had here. Hopefully, we'll have more?

SFIV was great, but I just couldn't put the time in or most likely, find enough skill within me to keep up with the maturing dedicated players. I'll try again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

SFIV was great, but I just couldn't put the time in or most likely, find enough skill within me to keep up with the maturing dedicated players. I'll try again this year.
            My sentiments exactly. Although, I'll need to actually get around to buying a PS4 first...

Comment

Hudson, if it comes online to late for you, is there anyway I could take over your beta?

Comment

Capcom offers its sincerest apologies to everyone who participated in this first beta test.  While the purpose of a beta is to work out these type of issues, it was very clear that the issues we faced were more severe than we were prepared for.  After three days of testing, while we were making progress […]

Comment

Does not sound hopeful

UPDATE 28/07/2015 2am: Street Fighter 5's beta test ended up being a colossal failure, mostly on account of the fact th…

Comment

I don't actually understand how it didn't work if all the framework for the previous games were in place- but I'm not annoyed- it's the purpose of a beta to sort this stuff out now.

Comment

Thing is something has been nagging in the back of my mind about this and i cannot put my finger on exactly what. Perhaps it is the fact it went so wrong even though they have done online games before. Or the fact that if it was 10 years ago this would have been a preorder demo and calling it a beta seems to make them immune to any negativity.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                        I don't actually understand how it didn't work if all the framework for the previous games were in place- but I'm not annoyed- it's the purpose of a beta to sort this stuff out now.
                        What previous games?

Street Fighter IV is a different game. It's like saying SFIV should've worked because SFIII worked. Are you talking about the much-maligned PS4 release of Street Fighter IV? As if so, that makes sense.

Comment

SF V is turning in to the 2015 Driveclub with the server problems etc.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                            SF V is turning in to the 2015 Driveclub with the server problems etc.
                            It isn't, though - it's not a demo or a full game being provided here.

Comment

Did they borrow the halo master cheif collection servers for this ?

Comment

What I meant is - clearly- that they've done online games before, and that SF4 never had any problems on its vanilla release, so I'm surprised to see this volume of issues. The basic framework for an online game is there, and even if they haven't used that and have an all new system (which I believe they do considering they were testing the content delivery system too) the im surprised it didn't work when they have the wealth of knowledge from previous titles.

Also, USF4 on PS4 was done by other Ocean- I don't know if you've played it but Capcom stepped in and improved it to no end- it's fairly near to the definitive version these days and plays extremely well.

I don't understand all this "its a demo" nonsense. It wasn't- it was a beta designed to find these precise problems. I didn't preorder to get the game- I applied. There was no preorder nonsense for EU at least.

The only thing that's changed is the fact other companies use "beta" as another word for "demo" and that's now what people expect- but that's not Capcoms fault. I'm happy the problem was found, and sad that they feel they need to give a reward for people who didn't get it play. Entitled gamer playing up again methinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X