Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
    Or the fact that if it was 10 years ago this would have been a preorder demo and calling it a beta seems to make them immune to any negativity.
    As mentioned above, it's not a demo though, is it? And it's certainly not a pre-order demo, at least not in Europe. US players got beta access if they pre-ordered, but that doesn't really change anything. The beta was launched and in doing so, a load of connection bugs were found. Kind of the point.

The matchmaking algorithm is completely new for SFV too, so it's not a case of just reusing the SFIV infrastructure either.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post

Also, USF4 on PS4 was done by other Ocean- I don't know if you've played it but Capcom stepped in and improved it to no end- it's fairly near to the definitive version these days and plays extremely well.
      Really? That's genuine news to me.

I know it's been patched/updated to improve things, but wasn't PS4 USFIV getting criticised to high heaven by all and sundry a short while back?
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-07-2015, 17:39.

Comment

Sad that we didn't get to play, but certainly not mad about it. I just hope that it was at least functional enough for them to get some kind of meaningful data from it, rather than just watching things fall apart from the get go and then firefighting the whole time.

If they're giving us another shot? Great! 2016 is still a long time away, so any chance to try the game before then is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Really? That's genuine news to me.

I know it's been patched/updated to imporve things, but wasn't PS4 USFIV getting criticised to high heaven by all and sundry a short while back?
          Yup. The net code/frame lag/Anti Aliasing/FPS on menus/visual move bugs/changing of move priorities/effects/99% of sound bugs have all been fixed now. They've even changed it to say "Press Options" rather than "Press Start".

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
            Yup. The net code/frame lag/Anti Aliasing/FPS on menus/visual move bugs/changing of move priorities/effects/99% of sound bugs have all been fixed now. They've even changed it to say "Press Options" rather than "Press Start".
            That's fair enough, but to the extent that PS4 USFIV is now the definitive version ahead of the PS3 and 360 versions?

Comment

Pretty much. The frame lag is now comparable to the 360 version (I think it's like .1ms ahead, but nothing you can realy notice- 1 frame links are fine) and it's got the best graphics/framerate out of all the console versions. The only thing that's probably stopping it being THE best is that the player base is less than the 360 version - probably because everyone is afraid to jump ship after the awful launch.

Comment

And because they need to buy a PS4 to play the same game.

Comment

Well after this long and so many iterations, the only people going to buy it are the hardcore- and they're no doubt going to have likely bought the next feb consoles to be fair.

Comment

The hardcore are going to be on 360 until SFV is released.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      The hardcore are going to be on 360 until SFV is released.
                      Is correct.

Comment

Could be. Looking at NeoGaf as a snapshot, they all rushed to buy SF4 on PS4, and after the issues a lot waited until it was fixed before they bought. The PS4 version is never at a loss for players- I've never not found a match for instance- it's just that it's still split between versions- which was always going to be the case and made worse by its problems.

I'm enjoying it anyway. I hate this place sometimes.
                        Last edited by MrKirov; 29-07-2015, 07:30.

Comment

NeoGaf aren't the fighting game community hardcore, They're just a bunch of PS fanboys.

Comment

Well many of them frequent SRK, play in tourneys and have expertise on the area. Just the same as the DMC massive having a home there. But whatever. As I said, "a snapshot".

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                              NeoGaf aren't the fighting game community hardcore, They're just a bunch of PS fanboys.
                              The fighting game community hardcore don't post on forums.

Comment

They do, but only on the Neo Empire forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X