No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that SF5's tutorials and challenges (if challenge mode appears again) do a much, much better job of actually teaching you about the game mechanics than SF4 does.

Comment

Yep, I have been playing for the best part of 20 years but it would be great to have a indepth tutorial. I still play like I am playing street fighter 2.

Comment

The challenges in SF4 some i thought were insane and hopelessly impractical

I still think Killer instinct has the best tutorial by a long way even gets into things like hitboxes

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
          Think I am going to go pick up a PS4 tomorrow and move my SF4 playing to this console, so started looking for a Mad Catz stick that there really are not that many choices. It seem second hand only and super inflated prices. Loads of PS3 ones but that seems like you have to faff around with some sort of hack to get them to work.

is this going to be a case of having to wait till 5 is near release before sticks start flooding the market?
          No faffing needed SFIV and MKX have legacy support so just plug in a PS4 Dual shock 4 and yr PS3 stick and yr away. My Hori Arcade stick mini works not sure if there are some legacy sticks PS4 does not support? Saying that not sure if SFV will have legacy support which is a shame Guilty Gear also no legacy support.
          Last edited by JU!; 07-11-2015, 18:22.

Comment

My TE2 doesn't work on SFV - PS4, or on PC. But I can set up joy2key on PC atleast. I think they said the game will launch with legacy support though.

Also, looks like the game is getting censored a lil bit: the latest build of the game has an altered R.Mika Ultra. She still slaps her ass, but the camera is raised so you can't see it, and when her and her tag team partner split their oponants legs, they don't spread em as far. You can still see their arms trying to hold the legs in the original postion lol.

1:28: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0uvMjJBHc0

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Also, looks like the game is getting censored a lil bit: the latest build of the game has an altered R.Mika Ultra. She still slaps her ass, but the camera is raised so you can't see it, and when her and her tag team partner split their oponants legs, they don't spread em as far. You can still see their arms trying to hold the legs in the original postion lol.

1:28: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0uvMjJBHc0
              Feck that then.

Comment

She still has massive boob bounce during the character select....

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                  Feck that then.
                  Having watched the video, I'm not so sure it's "censorship"; more a stylistic choice.

Comment

Yes, but do the legs still get spreaded as far as originally required?

Comment

It'll probably get fixed before launch. Cammy's fight opening animation got cut too, similiar to R.Mika's, the ass is now out of shot. They just got back a T for Teen rating from the ESRB and they might be trying to get an E for Everyone with some changes before launch, who knows.

Comment

Does the rating really matter? This is videogame ratings and who in particular gives a **** about them?

Maybe i'm being totally naive, but if it results in censorship then damn.

Comment

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

To spin it round, we're talking about visibility of a character slapping their arse in a fighting game. Who in particular cares about that? If taking it out means more people can buy the game then I'm all for it.

Comment

Was about to say the same, not vital to gameplay at all. I'm not saying stick a nuns habit on all girls but video game characterisation and design shows few signs of growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              To spin it round, we're talking about visibility of a character slapping their arse in a fighting game. Who in particular cares about that?
                              The kind of socially awkward, shut-in anorak enthusiasts who gave Gamestation its characteristic aroma?
                              But yeah, totally agree- no big deal at all.
                              Last edited by endo; 13-11-2015, 07:03.

Comment

The first time Daigo faces off against a Cammy player on a western version of SF5 he will lose because of the altered camera angle during the intro. Mark my words.

This will be an even bigger scandal than SvB 4-5 years ago having the SSF4 finals in 50Hz because the video capture device wouldn't accept 60Hz for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X