No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works really well, still need to figure out what gets the PS4 recognise the stick is connected but once you pass that phase it works very well. Played some games on line and it did the job perfectly. Will probably like to get a proper wireless one at some stage as I think all those wires are far too tempting for my cats.

Pitty the pool of players is so small now, many of the matches suffered the curse of lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Weirdly, I anticipated the release of SFIV with much excitement, but SFV has kinda washed over me a bit - even though I do want to play it.

Maybe it's the betas. It's felt almost as though it has been "out" for months.
      That's probably quite true Asura and although I too was excited for SFIV's release (it was after all the latest in one of the greatest franchises of all time), SFV has my respect.

It seems like a great mix of Third Strike and the Alpha games and the 3D is much better than that of SFIV 's (less to no muddy textures to be seen this time around thankfully).

Glad I've preordered it. Now I just need to get a PS4 to play it on lol...

Comment

I like what i have played the animation really is awesome.

I just really hope they do balance the characters a lot some that i played got seriously nerfed, and i was really surprised that Zangief and dhalsim were put in as personally i find them two the least fun.

It does feel a bit weird though while it looks and plays great after playing streetfighter 4 and its many versions because that had such a huge roster it feels like having to go backwards in that regards.

And funnily enough does feel like they have been influenced by Killer instinct a bit, V-Skill feels very similar to instinct mode, and releasing next batch of characters like with the seasons for killer instinct

Comment

Update: We've updated the story with video footage of all fighters but Nash. You'll find it after the jump.Yesterday, new Street Fighter 5 alternate costumes were discovered in the latest beta. Unfortunately, most of the images we ...

Some screencaps of the additional costumes (some looking a bit naughty but mostly good IMHO).

Comment

Stay classy, Street Fighter.

[hide]

[/hide]

Comment

A lot of what I'm seeing for SFV is getting a thumbs up from me. SFIV feels like Capcom's graduation to 3D, SFV feels like where they need to be.

Fingers crossed they just keep on making it better...

Comment

Street Fighter 5 isn't out until February, but that hasn't stopped intrepid tinkerers from modding the game.The PC and …

Some early but fun mods especially BirdiexLaura

Is the Mika ass slap back in or have modders reintroduced it?

Comment

Though a basic story for each character is in the game like in previous SF's, a cinematic full on story mode will launch as a free update in June

There's more to Street Fighter 5 than losing online. This one has a story - and it'll be told in the summer.A "cinemati…

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Is the Mika ass slap back in or have modders reintroduced it?
                    There's offline cracked versions of SFV available on torrent sites and the like, based off the old beta tests, so animations like that are still in. It's also how so many of the "pros" got to be so good at the game for the recent Madcatz tournament heh.

Comment

Aah, though there's plenty content in there that isn't far off the ass slap anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Aah, though there's plenty content in there that isn't far off the ass slap anyway
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

For anyone that does not know the mystery 4th Beta should be:

SFV Final Beta 30th Jan at 8am UK time. ends 31st January at 3am UK time.

Source Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-25-street-fighter-5-has-a-story

In other news Evo ditches SFIV

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-27-end-of-an-era-as-evo-ditches-street-fighter-4
                          Last edited by JU!; 27-01-2016, 13:39.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                            This is daft, it's still, by far, the most popular fighter on the circuit.

If they've made an executive decision to switch to V due to their opinion on the game, that's bull**** too - they got rid of Virtua Fighter because it was unpopular, even though many fighting game experts consider it the apex of the genre.

I can only assume they've faced pressure from Capcom?

Comment

Probably money from Capcom and Sony to "encourage" people to buy the game when it's released.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Does have a PR feel about the decision, no need for two Smash Bros games yet SF gets restricted?

Comment

Working...
                                X