• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How have you got your copies so quickly

Come on postie!!

Comment

Simplygames.com

On Tuesday releases you usually get your games the Saturday- getting it the Friday was a surprise!

Comment

Cool.. How are you finding it?

Comment

Good!!! But not touching the single player stuff yet- there's a lot of reports of them restarting servers and people losing the fight money they've built up, and are unable to redo the tasks to get it back as its only once per mode/character.

MP is working great though, and you do get fight money from casual matches too which is a nice surprise.

Comment

Haven't had a dispatch email from ShopTo yet but it hit the doormat today.

Played 10 minutes. Looks gorgeous!!

Comment

Got my copy in hand too, came today from Simplygames but it's still in the shrinkwrap. I got the PC version which I think as its Steam can only be "pre-loaded" at this moment, and is only playable on the 16th when it can be activated.

Comment

Anyone who wants some rounds, you can find me under the PSN ID Realhoneyman (got myself a PS+ sub finally).

Comment

How does this feel compared to sf4?

Does it feel as fluid and as meaty as ultra 4 did? I've only watched some videos and it looks a bit slower.

Comment

It feels different, Chun and Ken play a lot more like their 3rd strike versions. I think it's slightly faster then 4 although some characters like Bison and Charlie have very slow walk speeds.

It's gorgeous to look at however the front end presentation of the menus are really strange it doesn't look like a Street Fighter game.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post

Got mine earlier- have to go for a meal before I can play it
                      Had a mate who also got this. Must be shipping early. I feel the pain of having to wait to play. I'm all Digital and going away so won't get to play until end of Feb even though I Pre ordered . Played the beta not long ago but looking forward to Arcade mode

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                      This is one of those games I know I'll end up picking up but won't have the time to learn to play it. It's a shame as I got pretty good at SF4. I don't know how you guys make time.
                      I probably won't be that good but enjoy a bit of online Vs randoms and friends too, as long as I have fun should be great. Challenge mode sounds like could be really good plus other modes when Capcom update in March. Think it feels simpler than SFIV to get to grips with so that may well help.
                      Last edited by JU!; 14-02-2016, 16:05.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

I wish the game didn't have that cartoony look again. Something more gritty would have been nice. I'm getting to old to learn. I was very decent at 4 but again, the time required to be any good at these games is mind blowing. I don't know how you find the time

I must have spent thousands of hours on 4. I became a fairly decent arcade player in Japan but to reach that next level of skill and competence just wasn't worth the time investment anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                          I'm getting to old to learn. I was very decent at 4 but again, the time required to be any good at these games is mind blowing.
                          I'm a bit concerned about the combo stuff I've seen, even with characters like Ryu. I'm worried they've went down the route of doing too much with tight links and very tight execution for combos. This is even coming as a Gen player from SFIV.

Gen required super-tight execution, but not everyone needed it. Abel had flashy challenge mode combos but many of them were just flourish - he would do the same/more damage with much easier/safer stuff.
                          Last edited by Asura; 15-02-2016, 09:41.

Comment

Combos execution requires less dexterity this time round, one frame links are gone, the quick play I had on Friday night seems to indicate even I should be able to pull of flashy combos.

I did watch J Wong on Twitch on Saturday night and he pulled off a 51 hit combo work Chun in training. Didn't even look that complicated.

Comment

So disappointed, the post has just been, no SFV, I won't be using game again for pre-orders no matter how cheap I got the game!

But my sanwa parts are here so I can build my stick in preparation

Comment

You never get it early with game anymore- never. They post date it so the postie doesn't deliver until release day.

Simplygames are your best bet for early delivery.

Comment

Working...
                                X