No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenge gauge is basically the ultra meter from 4.

Comment

Looks great to me.

Comment

I think the character models are better in V. While it's easy getting used to the cartoony style of IV, and it's a great game, I generally don't like the design very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          Revenge gauge is basically the ultra meter from 4.
          Pretty sure in the Japanese version it's called the Revenge Gauge in 4. I certainly remember it being called that when I played the arcade machine of Vanilla 4 on location test, back when it was on the way to release.

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          funny moment where chunli was knocked through a wall and into a pantry i think and bowl of noodles landed on her head and started the next round with the bowl still on her head
          Thing is, this is a nice visual touch but it's not something that would last long in terms of gameplay. You'd see them all once or twice in an afternoon, and that'd be it. In Dead or Alive, the shape of the arenas and the "breakthroughs" affect gameplay, with battles happening on slopes, near sheer drops, adjacent to walls, and allowing the player to reposition themselves and the opponent for a strategic advantage. I doubt Capcom are going to go the distance and make such a big change to Street Fighter.

At best it's going to be like the floor/ceiling breakthroughs in the older 2D Capcom Marvel games, i.e. a nice visual touch, but that's it.

I'd still like Capcom to make a Street Fighter spinoff - a slightly less manic Power Stone-style game, with all the SF cast.

Comment

You can see where the spit and polish is required but so far it's looking alright. Some interesting new moves for both fighters and the art style could really work if they can add some nice touches into it a bit like Killer Instinct which is also a fairly rough looking game but has so many effects in play it looks stunning as you fight.

Comment

Another SF5 character confirmed.

Comment

Presumably that places SF5 as being set after SF2 but before SF3

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Presumably that places SF5 as being set after SF2 but before SF3
                  Not sure that that's possible.

Any SF game with Nash in it is set pre-SF2, unless I'm mistaken?

Comment

Fooks sake, this man cannot just stay dead?

*edit* that 3rd eye he has must mean Bison didn't kill him and turned him into another doll?
                    Last edited by bash; 14-12-2014, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                      Fooks sake, this man cannot just stay dead?

*edit* that 3rd eye he has must mean Bison didn't kill him and turned him into another doll?
                      Good shout.

Comment

I think it looks great, and seems further into development then I thought.... This and Mortal Kombat X will make my 2015!

Comment

I always took the SF4 to basically rewrite the story so Alpha and SF3 don't/won't exist.

Comment

I was hoping for a new paradigm in fighting games e.g. get rid of the trend in increasing number of energy bars and instead use animation and and models to reflect energy charge/remaining health.

At the moment, this looks a like an update to SF4.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                              I was hoping for a new paradigm in fighting games e.g. get rid of the trend in increasing number of energy bars and instead use animation and and models to reflect energy charge/remaining health.
                              Dude, no offence but that sounds awful.

Comment

No it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X