Rumour - Nintendo soon to announce new WiiU GamePad model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumour - Nintendo soon to announce new WiiU GamePad model

This has come from Kotaku. Apparently one of their adverts showed this...

Which is clearly not the standard WiiU GamePad:

Always good to see Nintendo revising hardware, though it does sting a bit for those of us that have just bought a WiiU in the run-up to Christmas.

Not sure that this is a move that makes any sense at this point, unless Nintendo are planning to sell the Wii U sans GamePad (something that should've been the case from day one imo).

Lest we forget, the New 3DS and New 3DS XL pretty much match the GamePad feature-for-feature.

Comment

I would buy a new gamepad. I'm a sucker for any and all hardware revisions. Not convinced by this 'leak' though personally.

Comment

How about giving us a USB dongle that negates the need for a gamepad at all? No?

Comment

As long as it's not capacitive (and we get a free game or something with it), I'm fine with that.

Comment

You mean console not gamepad speedy?

If they could get all the gubbins in the game pad to make it a true hand held machine that would be great, though won't happen while discs are still used.

Wakka - can't see them selling a new gamepad for what people would be looking to pay. Wouldn't be cost effective for them.

Comment

Unlesz its a revision so they can reduce the systems rrp a new Gamepad is a waste of time. Whack a Pro Controller in there instead and reduce the rrp to ?130 already Ninty!

Comment

Heheheh oh well! I haven't even unwrapped my Wii U and extended Gamepad battery...

I would imagine that there is a good case to do this if they can reduce costs and improve quality. (Screen/Battery)

The 3DS is very old now, but I'm delighted with the n3DS, it shows 3D games in a magnificent manner, perhaps an improved gamepad will be equally impressive.

Comment

If true it would probably be a cost cutting measure disguised as a slight re design for ninty, given the price of the console new now it wouldn't mean a reduction. Though if it improved the gamepad in any way, re design away.

Personally with everything trying to be smaller im quite happy with the size of it, fits in my hands for extended periods just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                    You mean console not gamepad speedy?

If they could get all the gubbins in the game pad to make it a true hand held machine that would be great, though won't happen while discs are still used.

Wakka - can't see them selling a new gamepad for what people would be looking to pay. Wouldn't be cost effective for them.
                    True. You will probably have to buy an entirely new system.

Comment

Pfft. You should all use the original GamePad. There's nothing wrong with it if you're truly elite.

#JoinTheElite

Huge !!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Pfft. You should all use the original GamePad. There's nothing wrong with it if you're truly elite.

#JoinTheElite

Huge !!!
                        Pfft I got hold of a rare gamepad prototype which could only be bought out by the bins of a rare outlet of Tesco Japan (the only place the elite shop). If you don't at least know about it, you're just a car boot no hoper.

I'd hope these would be sold separately at least - I hate the existing gamepad, so an upgrade would be welcome.

Comment

I think this is a good move. The current pad is too big/needs streamlining, and has any game yet made decent use of the oversized screen?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

#JoinTheElite

Huge !!!
                            JAPJAC approves!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              JAPJAC approves!
                              Well, MrKirov is "King of the Welshys" as was stated in that other thread.

I'd expect nothing more than ?ber elitism from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X