Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
    Any recommendations for external USB HDDs for the PS4. All these sales are making me delete games far too often!
    I got a hybrid SSD here 1TB. After a week of using it the Hybrid one gets much faster remembers where it accessed most plus faster operating system boot up.

Do bear in mind if you want to go bigger. Even the 2TB normal drives are faster than the stock 500GB HDD the PS4 comes with.

Comment

As mentioned you can't use external drives. This is the one to swap for the existing though -

Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

You can then use the 500gb one originally in the PS4 in the casing once you get the drive out.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
        Some decent stuff for sale on the PS store. Time to put that Christmas money to good use!
        Finally able to pick up the Devil May Cry HD collection for a bargain price (6 quid) so I took a gamble. I am basically only interested in DMC3 and when this was released reports were that it was a dodgy port. I have to say there is no evidence of that so far, it's pretty much how I remember it. I am very rusty though, ten years on and I have to learn it all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Really? How so? Do elaborate, please.

(Not being sarcastic - genuinely want to know your full opinion)
          I've played around two dozen games since buying the system just over a year ago but have only enjoyed Bloodborne, GTA V and Geometry Wars 3, but the latter two are both available on other systems so I basically forked out ?400 to enjoy one game. I regularly want to turn the system on but seldom have reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
            I've played around two dozen games since buying the system just over a year ago but have only enjoyed Bloodborne, GTA V and Geometry Wars 3, but the latter two are both available on other systems so I basically forked out ?400 to enjoy one game. I regularly want to turn the system on but seldom have reason to.
            That's fair enough, but surely you realise that 1) It was ALWAYS going to be like that initially? and 2) Like every PS system post-PS1, it will eventually become a must-own?

Comment

I now have a 2TB HDD for my PS4. Pretty straightforward to change it too. Nice having all that lovely free space!

Time to start filling it up with some of that January sale goodness. Already downloaded Darksiders 2 and Astebreed. Got Evil Within sitting in my cart and a few other things are tempting me!

Comment

This January sale has some great games. Unfortunately I'm way over my budget. Shadow of Mordor, worth it?

Comment

I've had a 2tb since last year, that is now full, does anybody know is I can put a 3.5 inch 4tb hardrive in, as all the 2.5 inches are 2tb or under. And I need more space for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                    I've had a 2tb since last year, that is now full, does anybody know is I can put a 3.5 inch 4tb hardrive in, as all the 2.5 inches are 2tb or under. And I need more space for next year.
                    No because of the form factor.

Comment

Thanks so is 2tb the biggest at the moment that can be used.

Comment

Actually you CAN connect a 3.5" hard drive but it has to be connected externally with an extension cable, so if you want to go that route you aren't that limited. Otherwise I guess 2tb is max but why not just empty the drive of unused content?

Comment

Yes I will so that as if I re download it all the saves are still there.

Comment

Saves and installation data are separate.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                              This January sale has some great games. Unfortunately I'm way over my budget. Shadow of Mordor, worth it?
                              Definitely!

Comment

Yeah, Shadows of Mordor is good. An ugly mess technically, but the combat mechanics are very rewarding.

Comment

Working...
                                X