Just... one.... must.... not.... cave

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Just... one.... must.... not.... cave

Comment

How much is nioh?

Comment

There's a decent sale on PS Store with some titles Ive been hovering over the buy button on some...

Out of these, which one would you get?

Horizon Hero Dawn or Nioh?

I hear good things about both
            Dawn gets old very soon; nioh is great if you like the souls games (its a cross between onimusha and dark souls)

Comment

Nioh is one of the games on my list for when I get a PS4. Get that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                How much is nioh?
                £16.49 to Plussies.

Comment

Both are great games, but Horizon is the more accessible title.

Comment

Yep, if Souls etc are your style then Nioh is the safe bet. Otherwise Horizon as it's much more easy to pick up and play, the Complete Edition has everything in one and is also on offer. It's also one of last years best games, don't let the naysayers get you

Comment

There's a decent sale on PS Store with some titles Ive been hovering over the buy button on some...

Out of these, which one would you get?

Horizon Hero Dawn or Nioh?

I hear good things about both
                      I wouldn't waste your time with Horizon, but Nioh is very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        I wouldn't waste your time with Horizon, but Nioh is very nice
                        i found the main game of Horizon pretty hard going it's that whole constantly hammering you with side quests and pointless stuff to do type of gameplay that's been seen hundreds of times before in games like assassins creed. I find this style of play the gaming equivalent of ten people trying to talk to you at once. While i enjoyed the story i found being bombarded with quests revolving around collecting cups and metal flowers completely pointless. its counter productive too as it never really tells you which ones are important. The hunting ground trials are pretty much essential as it teaches you how to use the weapons in new and interesting ways and gives you access to better weapons, but collecting cups idols and metal flowers is massively pointless padding as they give you nothing of any importance to the game.

what the DLC dose right is cuts through all this bull**** and gives you a tighter more interesting game that lets you progress and play while never really bombarding you with pointless quests. It helps that the story is more interesting the game world looks amazing and they have tightened up the game play too to stop you cheesing the larger enemy's.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 12-03-2018, 10:18.

Comment

Thanks for the views, guys. Horizon does look nice, but it sounds like a mix mash of games that send me to snooze-ville. I love the Souls series, so Nioh sounds like the likely game I'll get. I may leave it for now though as I've lots of monster hunting to do... or should I snap it up whilst it's that price. Hmm, but maybe a second hand boxed version will be that price anyway now... or just get FFXV for a tenner lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            i found the main game of Horizon pretty hard going it's that whole constantly hammering you with side quests and pointless stuff to do type of gameplay that's been seen hundreds of times before in games like assassins creed..
                            I wanted to like the game becasue it looked so wounderfull and I spent £40 quid on it, but it was so dull and boring to play . It wasn't for me. I'll have to check out the DLC then, thanks for the feedback

Comment

Horizon is incredible and if you get hooked by the story then it's really hard to stop playing.

The way Guerilla lay out the breadcrumbs of why the world is like it is is utterly fantastic!

Comment

What saves Horizon from slipping into the trappings of quest/map fatigue is the quality of the combat. It's a lot of fun taking the mech beasties down.

Question re dlc: is it integrated into the main story or is it a stand alone adventure accessed from the main menu?

Comment

Working...
                                X