Nintendo NX: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I rest my case. And I didn't even get to call my surprise witness.
    You had no case. The games.com had no actual touchscreen games making it no more significant than the PDA's you mentioned previously.

Did the game.com bring touchscreen gaming to the mainstream? no. Did the DS? yes.

Comment

Good grief.

Comment

Seems I'm going to need that surprise witness after alll. I call... Barry White to the witness stand for some awesome lovin'!

Comment

Seems I'm going to need that surprise witness after alll. I call... Barry White to the witness stand for some awesome lovin'!
          Yey!!! make sure he brings his game.com!

The first touchscreen console game ever "Barry Whites Awesome lovin!"
          Last edited by PaTaito; 11-01-2015, 21:02.

Comment

Comment

Wonder why that didn't sell (lol).

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Wonder why that didn't sell (lol).
                Well it might be to do with the fact it looked like an atari lynx v1.0 with a smaller screen, made by tiger, and featuring an innovative and unused touch screen.

But it did have duke nukem!
                Ahhhh i do miss these crazy console projects from the 90's

Thinking about motion control what about this:

Last edited by PaTaito; 12-01-2015, 00:24.

Comment

Hey don't be hating on Tiger! Their licensed LCD handhelds from the 80s and 90s were the shiznit!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    Hey don't be hating on Tiger! Their licensed LCD handhelds from the 80s and 90s were the shiznit!
                    Mate you are preaching to the qhoir, every toilet visit i made during the early 90's involved me trying to get sonic to move from his stationary position on the damn tiger!!!!

Comment

Teh memories. Teh feelz.

Bloody hell - there was even a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Tiger LCD!! W00T!!!!

EDIT: Most likely a mock-up, but still...

#JoinTheElite

Comment

A fascinating interview with Dan Adelman, the former NoA executive who played a key part in helping to establish Nintendo's digital distribution offerings amongst many other things.

A very interesting insight into how Nintendo do things.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-01-2015, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          A fascinating interview with Dan Adelman, the former NoA executive who played a key part in helping to establish Nintendo's digital distribution offerings amongst many other things.

A very interesting insight into how Nintendo do things.

http://www.dromble.com/2015/01/21/fo...and-much-more/
                          "I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of work that goes into getting these Virtual Console games ready"

What a little write up and some screenshots? Please...its so hard to get a non PC response out of ex staff.

Interesting read though, the company politics makes sense. Someone in my family flies jumbo's for a japanese airline and it pretty much reflects what he's been saying for years.
                          Last edited by PaTaito; 23-01-2015, 00:33.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                            What a little write up and some screenshots? Please...
                            You're kinda proving his point there, not disputing it.

Comment

And yet he's not giving any hints as to what that 'work' actually is.

Comment

And yet he's not giving any hints as to what that 'work' actually is.
                                There are a variety of things involved in re-releasing old games.

Firstly, there might be contractual issues with staff. This applies particularly to people like musicians and voice actors.

You might have legal/licensing issues, e.g. a Formula 1 game from the 90s might have tobacco logos in it.

You might have to resubmit to ratings boards (which can be expensive!), because changes to policy might mean that what was acceptable in 1994 might not be so now. This can cost between ?200-2000. If you're going to release Final Fantasy IV on the eShop for ?2, can you guarantee you'll sell more than 2000 copies?

General content issues; video games about wars in the middle east for example may be undesirable these days.

Some of the above might require you modify/rework parts of the game. That might be difficult.

There is a lot involved in retro releases, much of it has nothing to do with the actual game itself but rather the "business" of making & selling videogames.
                                Last edited by Asura; 23-01-2015, 08:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X