No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who didn't already know, the demo for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. is available to download from the eShop right now (UK/EU and North America).

Comment

Decided to cancel my N3DS preorder as the mark up over a second hand XL isn't worth it, especially considering I never had an issue with the 3D. Now the hype phase has passed I feel I'd only be missing out on the extra grunt for which I'd be amazed if there's ever more than a half dozen games that need it. Got Smash, Ocarina, Ridge and when its out Majoras lined up so just need to nip to CEX

Comment

I reached the same conclusion. I think the new small ones are fantastic and I love the faceplates but in real terms what I'd be getting over my current XL, not really worth it. Maybe some day.

Comment

The USA are only getting the xl version I think. Weird.

Comment

That does make me wonder just how well supported the faceplates will be over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I reached the same conclusion. I think the new small ones are fantastic and I love the faceplates but in real terms what I'd be getting over my current XL, not really worth it. Maybe some day.
              The ultra stable 3d is amazing makes it worth using and the ability to play stuff like resident evil without that massive plastic lumpy add on.

Comment

That would be great if Revelations 2 was coming to the 3DS. But yeah, I'm curious to try this new stable 3D. Hearing great things.

Comment

I'm well impressed with the stable 3d that I've bought back a few games to play again

Comment

Bet Mario Golf looks great on it, the 3D looks fantastic when it's in the sweetspot on the original XL.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 31-01-2015, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                      Bet Mario Golf looks great on it, the 3D looks fantastic when it's in the sweetspot on the original XL.
                      This is one title I'm after to play again,on my old XL I kept losing the sweet spot too much
                      Last edited by charlesr; 31-01-2015, 13:18.

Comment

It's the fat sausage fingers, NA can't handle anything small.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Decided to cancel my N3DS preorder as the mark up over a second hand XL isn't worth it, especially considering I never had an issue with the 3D. Now the hype phase has passed I feel I'd only be missing out on the extra grunt for which I'd be amazed if there's ever more than a half dozen games that need it. Got Smash, Ocarina, Ridge and when its out Majoras lined up so just need to nip to CEX
                        I've done the side by side start up comparison. There is a huge difference. 2 weeks to go! Hopefully I can get one on release, but I won't be too worried if I can't.

Comment

If it wasn't for the second hand option I'd totally go for one. For anyone who really wants to play Xeno 3D or is buying from new it's a no brainer for go for it. When I factored a second hand unit in though it wasn't worth it for me.

You're pretty much looking at more consistent 3D and slightly faster loading times, both nice perks but not worth the extra ?80-90 for me. The remaining new stuff like the minor extra grunt, extra buttons and second analogue don't bother me after reflection because, like the DSi, 99% of new software won't use it and the existing stuff doesn't in a meaningful way so I won't miss them. I definitely hope the extra analogue and buttons make into the next true Nintendo handheld though as they're really close to iterating nailing the design philosophy down.

Though if there isn't a second hand unit with an unmarked screen I'll hold on. If a New XL pops up second hand I'll probably be on it like a car bonnet

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Though if there isn't a second hand unit with an unmarked screen I'll hold on. If a New XL pops up second hand I'll probably be on it like a car bonnet
                            Yeah, admittedly, it made more sense while the European release wasn't known, and the older unit was worth more - so the difference in price wasn't as pronounced.

Comment

Bonus time! Took some DVDs etc to CEX to trade in and didn't have to add any money to pick up an XL. Extra bonus is that not only is it in close to new condition (unmarked screen, no wear, no exterior scratches or marks) but it's the Fire Emblem Limited Edition. Looks utterly lovely but as it isn't on their system like the other LE's they priced it as a standard model meaning no price hike.

Comment

Bit of a half assed LE though. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X